Holy shit! Do not fear disease. Do not fear getting hit by a Port Authority bus while crossing Liberty. Do not fear lightning. But please, if I can convince you to fear anything, it is tripping over a wire. You do not want to live with that pain and suffering.
Karen Edmonds is the case in point. She was “thrown to the floor” when she tripped over a wire during an event in the gymnasium at her child’s elementary school in Hempfield and is suing the district for $60,000 because of the following, according to the lawsuit:
- She required surgeries on her left arm and right shoulder
- She sustained bruises and contusions to various muscles, tendons, nerves, ligaments, bones and soft tissues
- In addition to the fractures, she suffered permanent injuries to her head, face and mouth
- At one point during her treatment, doctors inserted a tube in the right side of her neck to provide nourishment and medication
- Other permanent injuries include scarring and deformities to her left arm, right shoulder and neck
- She also can no longer work.
Sniff sniff. Do you smell that? It smells like sarcasm.
Okay, maybe she WAS that hurt, I don’t know, but something isn’t right here. This MAY have something to do with the fact that I once tapped (for real, we were stopped and I stepped on the gas too soon) the back of a huge truck with my old college car (a 97 Ford Escort). No damage to my car or the truck, but the truck driver claimed his back was injured. Three years later, just before the statute of limitations runs out, he and his wife sued me for $65,000 ($35,000 for his pain and suffering and $30,000 for her pain and suffering because according to the lawsuit, he couldn’t provide “sexual satisfaction” to her as a result of the accident. And yes, I cracked up and showed it to everyone I knew when I read that part).
My insurance company settled for $4,000, but I would have fought it to the Supreme Court. It was that ridiculous. Also? I guess his sexual prowess was only worth $4,000 to his wife. Pity.
I hate frivolous lawsuits and this one just has that air about it.
If not, GET WELL SOON KAREN!