FoxNews.com gets on PittGirl’s nerves

Remember that AWFUL incident up in Erie with the pizza delivery man and the bomb being strapped to his neck and then his eventual death as the bomb exploded?

Well, that case is still unsolved after two years and of course it was national news. For about a week now, Fox News has had this image on the sidebar of their home page or various other pages as you surf their site.

Obviously you’ll note that I blocked out the image a bit because I don’t want to be guilty of that which I am about to rant on. But it is a picture of the poor man sitting in the parking lot with the bomb around his neck just before it blew.

I am imagining that this man is my father or my husband and that a national website keeps a continual picture on its sidebar of my father’s or husband’s last moments alive, as he sat in a parking lot, filled with terror. . . for all the world to see.

It just bugs, and I wish they would take it off. I’m tired of looking at it and can’t imagine that the family likes it either. No snark. Just saying.

1. Rob
    August 26, 2005 10:28 am

I’m torn.

I look at the photo (I don’t know if I’m looking exactly at the same one you are) and I see a man facing the unthinkable.

That photo reminds me that someone locked a bomb around his neck. They didn’t lock the bomb around the neck of a dummy or a dog. That was a man who knew what was coming and could do nothing to prevent it.

It makes me want to get the [censored] who did it to him and see that he’s punished.

I understand where you’re coming from. I could also understand if the man’s family wants that phot distributed widely.

2. pittgirl
    August 26, 2005 10:35 am

Rob? You’re a cool cat. Thanks for that view of it. I guess it would create rage in the public eye and keep the case in the media until it is solved. I’m torn now as well. Wonder how the family really feels about it. For me, it’s mentally exhausting to keep seeing it.

3. pittgirl
    August 26, 2005 11:05 am

Also, to everyone linking to this post through pghbloggers.org, my apologies that I first posted this with a PM instead of an AM post time. This has caused my post to remain at the top of the Pittsburgh Webloggers post listing. Was not my intention.

4. Anonymous
    August 26, 2005 2:34 pm

For your timestamping transgression, I think you should have to go to the Scientology Offices for an “orientation.”

-Wojo

5. pittgirl
    August 26, 2005 2:54 pm

Augh!!! I’d rather be chased down Grant Street by a pack of ravenous pigeons . . . er, or whatever you call a group of pigeons.

6. Rob
    August 26, 2005 5:34 pm

Go to the Scientology organization and tell them you want to learn about Xenu and how to treat suppressives with the R2-45 rundown that L. Ron Hubbard gave as Tech.

Nah, don’t do that. The folks at an Org like Pittsburgh (does it even count as an Org? I forget what’s below an Org) are nice folks doing what they think is best. They probably don’t know the official way they’re supposed to deal with Suppressive Persons like me.