Find the M&M candies!

From the Post-Gazette regarding Hurricane Katrina. Can YOU find the bag of M&Ms? I looked everwhere and even read the article to see if there was mention. I got nothing. Or maybe all 9,000 people holed up in the Superdome shared one bag of M&Ms? Fun! Here’s another look:

1. s
    August 29, 2005 9:41 am

One bag of M&M’s would clearly not feed all 9000 people.

Perhaps there was a lottery and the picture is of the winners?

I envision something along the lines of Shirley Jackson’s “The Lottery” but instead of being bludgened to death with rocks you were mildly pelted with chocolate goodness.

“Was it a dream where you see yourself in, sort of, Sun God robes, on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?” – Real Genius

2. Anonymous
    August 29, 2005 10:14 am

Oh, yes! A “Real Genius” reference… one of the seminal 80’s comedies. Fantastic flick.

-Woy

3. s
    August 29, 2005 11:24 am

I aim to please ;)

It’s just a shame that my aim is usually so off..

4. pittgirl
    August 29, 2005 11:32 am

You pleased me, S. So your aim was true.

5. Julie
    August 29, 2005 12:57 pm

I saw that too and I was miffed that I spotted no M&M candies. The lies! The deceit! Next they will be telling us they’re having Butterfinger BB’s for lunch.

6. pittgirl
    August 29, 2005 1:07 pm

And it is just such a WEIRD thing to add to a caption about a hurricane. The largest storm ever to hit New Orleans is bearing down on them, they are afraid, trying to sleep, and what’s this? Hey looky, they are eating M&Ms!

7. s
    August 29, 2005 1:55 pm

Perhaps it is a new form of product placement:

“We’re live from Jerusalem Bob where the cult leader Jesus is about to serve his sentence by being crucified on a cross made of pine that was provided by the good folks over at 84 Lumber”

Just a though.

8. Henry
    August 29, 2005 2:49 pm

S
    That was a classic!

9. blee1
    August 29, 2005 3:07 pm

I’m having a good day ;) Also have a blog here now

10. blee1
    August 29, 2005 3:08 pm

Oh yeah.. blee1 = s

or in JS:
    var blee1 = s;

or in Java
    String blee1 = “s”;

11. blee1
    August 29, 2005 3:36 pm

damn?

That sounds like a dissapointment damn…

nande? (Why)

12. pittgirl
    August 29, 2005 3:54 pm

Blee, I’m so sorry. When I checked out your blogger ID, and saw it was a new August 2005 ID and that your blog didn’t have any entries, I assumed you were one of the spammers that has been bugging me lately. I didn’t bother to click the OTHER link that led me to your real actual blog. Forgive me. I didn’t realize you were a legit Burgher. Love ya! Forgive me! Everyone go to Blee’s blog to make it up on my behalf!

13. blee1
    August 29, 2005 3:59 pm

No worries.

I was born and brewed in PGH just like the rest of us.

“May God have mercy on our souls”

14. pittgirl
    August 29, 2005 4:00 pm

God, I’m an idiot today. Blee = “S”. Duh. Love you, S! By the way, what are we supposed to call you? “S” “Blee” “SSeaman” ?

15. blee1
    August 29, 2005 4:09 pm

“His name is Robert Paulsen” — Fight Club

Sorry. I’m a movie quotes kind of guy.

I have too many usernames, just use my first name, Sloan. It’s distinct enough.

16. Tony
    December 29, 2005 4:58 am

I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog. Very interesting.

My find article .com site has lots of info pertaining to find article .com.

Come visit sometime :)

17. Tony
    December 29, 2005 5:29 pm

I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog. Very interesting.

My find article .com site has lots of info pertaining to find article .com.

Come visit sometime :)