So this article that the state (yes) of New Jersey was looking for a new slogan caught my eye.
The best part by far is this:
The program began last month after acting Gov. Richard J. Codey rejected a consultant’s recommendation — “New Jersey: We’ll Win You Over” — as too negative. That slogan, developed as part of a $260,000 contract by global image consultants Lippincott Mercer, was shelved a day before it was to be unveiled.
$260,000 to come up with a slogan . . . and a shitty slogan at that? I’m sure that $260,00 included some marketing collateral and such, but still, $260,000 and they shelved it!
Who can I get to pay me $260,000 to do this? Of course, that won’t work because I charge $650,000 per minute. However, for $260,000 I can come up with some shitty stuff. As of this moment I have two tiers of work: good stuff for $650,000 per minute and shitty stuff for $260,000 per minute.
Here’s shitty in a minute:
- New Jersey: Overpaying consultants since 1750.
- New Jersey: Rocks. (via Sloganizer)
- New Jerseyrific! (via Sloganizer)
- Food or New Jersey? I’ll have New Jersey! (via Sloganizer)
- New Jersey for President! (via Sloganizer)
- You better get inside New Jersey (via Sloganizer), or we’ll kick your ass! (via PittGirl)
- New Jersey: Be prepared (via Sloganizer) for pollution (via PittGirl)
- New Jersey on the outside, tasty on the inside! (via Sloganizer)
- New Jersey makes me hot! (via Sloganizer AND PittGirl)
See how easy shitty work is? I did that in thirty seconds! I could do shitty work all the live long day. I just need someone to pay me $260,000 to do it.
In addition, you should know that the Sloganizer (thank you, Jo Janoski) finds PittGirl very cool and slimming: