PittGirl clutches her pearls.

So KDKA took PittGirl’s criticism to heart and completely redesigned their web page.

I have truly enjoyed discovering a bit more about the awesome KDKA reporters and anchors via an expanded bio section.

They ask each reporter what their favorite story ever was. Several said various stories as they relate to overcoming odds; several said the Quecreek Mine rescue.

John Cater? Yeah, he liked the one where Ebenezer Church burnt down and two firefighters died. Man that was a GOOD story, John.

Maybe you want to expand a bit on WHY that story tickled your fancy so?

And then there’s this dude, who I’ve never seen before, but apparently he is awesome at doing some stunning, region-changing, award-winning exposes. Such as his “favorite story”:

I assume he won lots and lots of awards and kudos for that expose. Heinz Ketchup! Not served to the Dems! My word! (you can’t tell, but right now I am fanning myself with my right hand and clutching my pearls with my left).

It is exposes like this that keep Pittsburgh on the map!

And finally, good ole’ Yvonne Zanos. Such a cutie. And so so so naive:

That’s beautiful, and SO not true. Tell that to Dan Rather, Mary Mapes, and probably several Fox Newsers.

1. Anonymous
    November 16, 2005 11:32 am

The guy you never have heard of is John Delano. I didn’t know who he was either. I was at a conference and he spoke at it and I had no clue who he was. There were people there actually asking for his autograph!!! I love the news as much as the next guy and probably more, but asking for an autograph of a local TV personality is a little odd to me.

2. blee1
    November 16, 2005 11:37 am

Ah Sonni.

He father bought her that job. He jave KDKA $50K supposedly so that she could get on the air.

Her first day on the air? Christmas Day… perhaps a present?

3. pittgirl
    November 16, 2005 11:41 am

Anon, once my sister who does NOT live in the Burgh, was visiting and we were at Brueggers on Grant when she spotted Sally Wiggin sweetening her coffee, and fairly flipped my sister did. Sally Wiggin looked at her like perhaps she was a few carbs short of a bagel.

Sloan, for REAL?!?! Scoop please. This could be another PittGirl expose, right up there with the fact that the youngest Hillman granddaughter is dating the second cousin of James Van Der Beek!

4. blee1
    November 16, 2005 2:37 pm

Do some searches on her and you will find a few forums of kdka employee’s bitching about it.

My GF also when to highschool with her.

But.. that’s the rumor and I know some people in the industry….

Think about it.. the girl has been out of school for what? 3 yrs tops and she went from beat reporter to main stage that fast? Not possible.

5. pittgirl
    November 16, 2005 2:43 pm

Oooooh. I bet Patrice King Brown hates her guts.

6. Anonymous
    January 22, 2006 10:24 am

Sonni’s hard working and a sweetheart to boot. I know. I work with her.