Christina Aguilera is screwed.

Found this lovely article about a girl that was forced to go to the bathroom and remove her nipple piercings in order to get through the security checkpoint at Pittsburgh International.

Attention, travelers with nipple piercings: If you plan to fly out of Pittsburgh International Airport this holiday season, bring your pliers.

Otherwise, you might miss your flight.

At least one passenger who traveled through Pittsburgh learned this the hard way. She had to remove her piercings in a restroom after airport security told her she couldn’t get on a plane with her hardware intact.

A few thoughts:

• Christina Aguilera is screwed. (Note: This link will take you to the Superficial.com, which can be considered slightly not safe for work.)
  • Do you REALLY need pliers to remove a nipple piercing?!? Really?! Just … ew.

1. blee1
    November 30, 2005 10:43 am

Yes you need to use pliers.

When mine were taken out I was luckily about to pass out as they rushed me into the OR.

Since this was back in ’94 they hadn’t seen to many of them so the doctor asked me how to pull them out and when I replied “Just use pliers” you could (from what I remember.. they had me on a ton of pain killers) see the doctors eyes open wide up and the nurse say “You’re kidding right?”. nope.

By the time I was awake enough the hole had already closed

2. pittgirl
    November 30, 2005 11:55 am

Question: Were you rushed to the OR as a result of attempted nipple piercing removal or is that not related to your being rushed to the OR?

3. blee1
    November 30, 2005 1:31 pm

Not related. I was rushed to the OR due to a motorcycle accident at the corner of 17th and Sarah (in front of Dish)

4. Grey Hodge
    December 1, 2005 1:57 am

And obviously the nipple ring was a hazard to your recovery? I had a bike accident, and whacked my head. I was out for a few moments (even with a helmet) and when I woke up the ambulance was pulling up, and I was in the C-spine immobilizer. At the ER, they CUT off my jeans with their scisors. WHY do they always remove everything from your body in the most destructive manner regardless of it’s relation to your injury?

My head and neck was fine, but really, did they need to cut off my pants to check my head? Why did they need to pull out your nipple ring for a bike accident?

PittGirl: clit rings also need pliers to remove (unless you go for the rings big enough to thread the metal, which is even scarrier…). A Canadian friend of mine had to remove hers before am MRI of her lady parts. Also, she gets odd looks at airports…

5. blee1
    December 1, 2005 7:59 am

They took out my nipple and navel rings because they were afraid of infection since they were putting 2 pins in my knee, three in my ball joint, and a metal rod the entire length of my leg.

I do remember the EMT saying he was going to cut my helmet strap to get it off and I said F*ck no and took it off myself.

But it didn’t matter, someone at the pound stole it anyway. But the city gave me $400 for it which was more than I paid ;)

6. Mark G.
    October 27, 2006 8:54 am

Hi !
    I have an interesting question and I hope it hasn’t been asked. :)

In the segment titled “The Discovery” on Christina’s Video “christina aguilera, genie gets her wish”, it shows her as a child carrying a poster across, what is apparently a stage, with her name on it. The sign or poster reads “Christina Agularia”. I was wondering if “Aguilera” is a variation of “Agularia” and if so when was the spelling of her name changed? Under which spelling was she named at birth?