Does this city need a song? Looks like the folks that are responsible for promoting this region think we need to come up with one for our 250th anniversary that is coming up in 2008. (I know that like me, you already have big plans penciled in for that PART-AY!)
KDKA is running a poll and they could only come up with two songs for possibilities.
PittGirl is now on the record that if “We Are Family” becomes our official song and I hear it every damn day in 2008 with the words, “We Are Family! We got lots of rivers, you see!” I will move. You hear me Convention and Visitors Bureau?!? Move, I says.
PittGirl’s crappy suggestions for the Official Song of the City of Pittsburgh 2008:
1. “The Cup of Life” (Ricky Martin’s World Cup song. Ole! In honor of our Beechview residents and to piss Don Bell off and because I would love to see Bob O’Connor and Dan Onorato getting jiggy to that song.)
2. “Singing in the Rain” (totally fit for our weather, si?)
3. “Wild Wild West” (changed to Wild Wild Burgh. “The roads are bad, but I don’t care, I love our incline and our bad bad air.”)
4. “River Deep, Mountain High”
5. “Dirrty!” by Wexford’s own latina (roll eyes here, oh wait, I like her now. Don’t roll your eyes).
ANYTHING but “We Are Family”. Really.