These are the 25 hottest Burghers?! Um. No.

Mike over at Grabass, Have a Good Sandwich, Pittsburgh Bloggers, and maybe three or four other blogs, emailed me this link to Pittsburgh Magazine’s Our 25 Most Beautiful People with the subject line of his email as “Beautiful, my ass…”
Obviously this is meant to be a take on People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People, but Pittsburgh Magazine’s selections give me pause.

1. Why only 25? Why not 50?
2. When People Magazine does their list, “beautiful” means pretty damn hot. When Pittsburgh Magazine does their list, “beautiful” means about seven different things, among them being smart, rich, kind, ugly, hideous, big giant boobs, or pretty.
3. Sonni Abatta of COURSE is featured but with a pretty bad picture if you ask me. I have NEVER seen a good print picture of Sonni Abatta that does justice to her on-screen looks. Because for the first time ever, I saw Sonni Abatta do the news last week and I finally understand why so many people find my blog by searching for her name.
4. Why couldn’t Pittsburgh Magazine just be superficial for once and go by looks alone? That would have been WAY cool to see who the really hot Burghers are that we have not been privy to as of yet. I’m looking at YOU Matt Lamanna!
5. Where the hell is Wendy Bell?!
Damn those WTAE make-up artists with their big giant makeup brushes and their elephant-weight hands! Can I get a FREE WENDY shirt somewhere?!

Next year’s list? PittGirl!

1. blee1
    January 9, 2006 11:16 am

WTF???

I’d turn down half of the women on the list. I know one or two of them… and they are NOT hot.

You want hot.. check out some of the women at X-Shadyside… or any other decent gym really.

Check out the manager of Z Gallerie on the Southside works… that’s hot.

This is why PGH is depressing…

2. pittgirl
    January 9, 2006 11:40 am

I think we need a petition and some 8 x 10 glossies to send over to the mag. Next year’s list better look a hell of a lot different.

3. Julie_Gong
    January 9, 2006 11:54 am

The only good looking guy on the list was clearly not from Pgh because he had like a Russian name. And the dentist come on. Boo!

The dinosaur guy should’ve made the list. I’m glad you brought him to my attention. He IS attractive. What is Pgh Mag thinking with this list seriously.

4. pittgirl
    January 9, 2006 11:57 am

Look, I’m just going to say it. I don’t think that the third to the last chick (the student Jennifer) was chosen for any other reason than her big boobs. Is that mean of me? I mean, come on. She’s from MARYLAND. She’s not even a BURGHER!

5. Libby
    January 9, 2006 3:08 pm

Speaking of hot Burghers, there was a write up of your boy David Conrad in last week’s TVGuide. He, of course, talks about being on Ghost Whisperer and says, “It’s not a reality show. It’s about myths and what we wish for.” Conrad’s the pragmatic type: Born in Pittsburgh, he still keeps a house in that city, sports a Pittsburgh Steelers sign in his trailer on the Ghost Whisperer set and swears, “I just want to marry a girl from my hometown and have kids.”

And evidently Jennifer Love Hewitt says “he has a silly, goofy side, in the hair-and-makeup trailer in the morning, running around in his underwear wearing a cowboy hat, or putting on a blond ’80s wig and dancing like he’s David Bowie.”

6. pittgirl
    January 9, 2006 3:47 pm

Oh, golly. Libby, I’m going to post that in it’s own post because that just ROCKS! Awesome.

7. Anonymous
    January 9, 2006 11:50 pm

Is that a trenchcoat Sonni is wearing in her picture? You don’t think she privately harbors flasher tendencies…?

Thousands of Pittsburgh men dare to dream…

-Woy