Ben Roethlisberger does QVC

Ben Roethlisberger: Drinking Champion, Super Bowl Champion, QVC Shill.

Heh.

And that’s all I have to say about THAT.

Oh, wait … and I want to say this. HATE the hair. Love the goatee. My love/hate continues.

1. jim
    February 9, 2006 9:26 am

In his defense, who hasn’t been a ‘drinking champion’ at one time or another? And, to be honest, I’d probably hock some goods on QVC too if I had the chance to make a few bucks. As for his overall behavior, we’ll wait and see. He’s still young.

2. pittgirl
    February 9, 2006 9:57 am

Jim, I have said many times over the last few weeks that Benny is living the life that I would live too if I were male, 23, rich, single and super bowl champion … with a few exceptions.

I would not let my photo be taken while I pour liquid nourishment down a co-ed’s throat while wearing a “Drink like a champion” shirt (he’s a role model after all) and I would not hock stuff on QVC. That’s cheapening your brand and he needs to be more selective. This is simple supply and demand.

Thanks for commenting Jim!

3. Julie_Gong
    February 9, 2006 12:43 pm

Did you see him on the Grammys last night? I think I might have heard boos which actually pissed me off. Prob Seahawk fans….

4. jim
    February 9, 2006 1:17 pm

Yeah, the photo is stupid and we hope he regrets moments like that. The pics look like they were taken from a college party, maybe while he was still in Ohio? Don’t know — just recognize the college-basement-party decor from my youth.

5. pittgirl
    February 9, 2006 1:25 pm

They booed him?!? That is highly unneccesary (how the hell do you spell that?).

Jim, when you say “we hope he regrets that,” who is this “we” you speak of? Are you one of Benny’s people?

And the pics were reportedly taken a day or two after the colts game or something. They are recent.

6. jim
    February 9, 2006 2:55 pm

You’re right. They are recent and that’s disturbing. And, he dressed like a bum last night. So, when I say, “we,” I mean fans. We’d better hope somebody straightens the boy out so he doesn’t follow the path of … say, Bam Morris.