KDKA is one classy outfit!

Have you heard that horribly tragic story of the father and two of three 4-year-old triplets being killed in a freak crash on Route 8 yesterday evening?

It really is just about the worst thing I’ve heard in ages.

I was reading an update on the story on KDKA.com this evening when this line jumped out at me.

No one answered the door at their house Friday.

KDKA sent a news crew to knock on their door less than twenty-four hours after two of the triplets and the father of the family died in a horrific violent crash? For real?

I have no words.

Are they knocking on the door of Keith Jones’ house too?! Doubt it.

1. rucrabby
    April 14, 2006 9:43 pm

They should be ashamed of themselves. I have been thinking about that wife/mother all day. Who was the reporter who did the story?

2. PittLeo
    April 14, 2006 9:54 pm

I got caught in the traffic jam caused by the freak accident. I sat in my car for about 45 minutes until another motorist started walking past the line of cars telling people that Route 8 was closed, we had to turn around, and 3 people had died. I could not believe it. I heard on the late news that the accident occurred around 5:00 PM. I was probably only 10 minutes behind the scene of the accident. Life is very precious. It is very unfortuate that the media’s quest for being first with an interview clouds their lack of respect for the family.

3. pittgirl
    April 14, 2006 10:21 pm

Russ Guidotti filed the report, but who knows who went to the house and more importantly, who sent a reporter to the house?

4. pghcitiboy
    April 15, 2006 10:06 am

Well I see that the P/G also sent a reporter to the truck drivers house. I can’t even pretend to imagine what that guy is going through. I’ve also been quite heartbroken about this whole thing. I hope that Ethan pulls through.

5. Anonymous
    April 15, 2006 5:42 pm

I am going to call KDKA about this and see what they say.

6. Paperback Writer
    April 17, 2006 12:06 pm

My boss’ friend had a similar experience with a media source too. He told them very calmly that he understood that she was doing her job, but to leave them alone right now and to come back at another time.

7. Anonymous
    April 27, 2006 6:07 pm

Hey, we can all bitch and moan about it — but that’s the nature of the beast. It’s not about the reporters, it’s about the managers wanting it. And let’s be truthful here — just because KDKA said it on their website doesn’t mean no one else did it. I GUARANTEE you everyone else did it.