I decided to read the minutes of City Council’s May 2, 2006 meeting. These guys work so damn hard. Are they making enough money to do this?
As official Council business on May 2, the following days were officially announced:
- Tuesday, May 2, 2006 “Horses of Gettysburg Day”
- Saturday, May 6, 2006 “Hearts in the Park” day
- Tuesday, May2, 2006 “Historic Preservation Day”
- May 2, 2006 “Pittsburgh Symphony Day”
- May 6, 2006 as “Light of Life Rescue Mission Day.”
- Friday, May 5, 2006, “Roger Babusci Jr. Day”
- Friday, May 5, 2006 as “Representative Harry Readshaw Day”
- Saturday, May 6, 2006 as “Wallace J. Zielinski Day”
Who had any idea it was that freakin’ easy to get a “Day”?! Is this what Council does all the time? Just take applications for Days and then approve every single application? Roger Babusci Jr? Wallace J. Zielinski?
Do we really need to be just giving days away that easily? Consider that.
Then consider this. PittGirl Day.
A day dedicated to the free shooting of pigeons, the tasering of idiots, the worshiping of David Conrad, and naked PETA girls all over Market Square protesting the free shooting of pigeons.
Awesome. Who’s going to fill out the application?