PittGirllllllllllllll.

I have looked into my PittGirl Ball of Magic and have seen the future.

The Ball of Magic said, “PittGirllllllllll,” (The Ball of Magic is annoying like that, dragging out my name), “The Commonwealth will spend exactly the sum of one magillion dollars on printing up one of these ridiculous bumper stickers, and will find that exactly the sum of ten people actually deface their cars with them. The rest of these will become either litter or fun little stickers that hoodlums will place on any mail receptacle, light pole, or newspaper stand they can get their hands on. The State will then spend exactly the sum of $650,000 to clean up the mess. PittGirlllllllll? (sigh) The State is stupid. You should leave the State. Take the Burgh with you.”

My Ball of Magic has never been wrong. And seriously, “I break for Shoo Fly Pie”? Do you break into millions of pieces? Do you break plates? What do you break?
I’m for truth in advertising. So PittGirl’s suggestion for the OFFICIAL (official, people! This is serious!) bumper sticker of PA:

“If you can read this, you haven’t yet hit the pothole the size of Rhode Island that is coming up right about … BAM! HAHA! You loser.”

1. Jo Janoski
    May 23, 2006 9:55 pm

PittGirl,
    Your new blog is beautiful! Very cool! I just moved here myself. Yikes! Does that mean I think like you?

2. pittgirl
    May 23, 2006 10:32 pm

Actually, I think it means you think like Mike from Grabass. :)

3. mandakay
    May 24, 2006 9:53 am

do you think the state intentionally mispelled ‘brake’?

4. pittgirl
    May 24, 2006 9:56 am

I have no clue. It doesn’t make any sense to spell it “break”. Unless there is a breakable quality about Shoo Fly Pie that I’m unaware of? Is it like peanut brittle?

5. PGH-to-PDX
    May 24, 2006 1:45 pm

I think they mean “break” as in coffee break. Although, having worked for the Commonwealth for seven and half year before moving across the US to Portland, OR, it could be that the folks at the state tourism office are just plain stupid (trust me, they are) and don’t know what they wanted to say. Love the blog. Helps me keep up with what is really going on in my hometown.

6. pittgirl
    May 24, 2006 1:53 pm

Well, I never thought of it from the “coffee break” angle. But man, if we have to think this hard to figure out what the hell they mean, I’m going to just assume they made a spelling boo-boo.

7. Pingback: The Burgh Blog » Playing it fast and loose with the word “winning”