PittGirl is tingly all over.

First, kudos where kudos are due, and not only are Kudos the bestest treat ever (I’m yours!), but kudos are also due to the Dish Headquarters for breaking this story before anyone else that I’m aware of.

I got a little tingly with excitement when I read the Dish post, and then the PG went and gave the details and now I’m positively orgasmic.  That’s right, Burghers.  Orgasmic.

Trader Joe’s is coming to the Burgh!  This made my week.

If you’ve never been to a Trader Joe’s you are in for a treat.

This fall.  Trader Joes. Penn Avenue.  East Liberty.  Be there.

Now if I can just get a freaking Sonic built here, I’ll be all set.   Mm.  Couldn’t you go for a Cherry Limeade right about now?  Pretty much the only thing I miss about Texas.

Well that and super tight, super high, white line creased, starched Wranglers on the dudes.  Yum. (wink).

1. Chef Mike
    May 24, 2006 1:58 pm

Nice look for the Pitt Girl, wondering when you were gonna get some new duds.

Trader Joes rocks, now you can get 2 buck chuck with your sushi!

2. blee
    May 24, 2006 2:26 pm

There is a Hardee’s in Millvale. It’s the same as a Sonic.

3. Sully
    May 24, 2006 3:32 pm

I think the PLCB will disappoint you when you want to buy 2 buck chuck in less it comes in 2 buck chuck NA.

As for Sonic, the real Holy Grail when it comes to fast food is hands down In’N’Out Burger. When and if the 2×2 animal style with a vanilla shake comes to Pittsburgh, then we’ll be really living.

4. pittgirl
    May 24, 2006 3:32 pm

If I can’t get a Cherry Limeade there, it is NOT the same thing. Can I get a Cherry Limeade there?

5. bethkriz
    May 24, 2006 4:44 pm

Having gone to college in Georgia, I second the need for a Sonic in Pittsburgh. As disgusting as it sounds, I really love the Frito’s Chili Cheese Dog. Oh, and nothing compares to Cherry Limeade. Delicious!

6. yinzernation
    May 24, 2006 9:35 pm

Sonic? The only thing you miss about Texas? What about the Tex Mex (Lupe Torilla, Chuy’s, even Pappasito’s)?

We’ve been on a three year search for anything remotely close. No luck thus far…

7. pittgirl
    May 24, 2006 11:10 pm

I was partial to Mercado’s in Tyler, Texas. Sopapillas galore.

8. Jessica
    May 25, 2006 8:12 am

Good lookin out! Ah, if you could get a SONIC in pitt, i swear i’d never leave this place!!!!!!!!!

9. Matt
    May 25, 2006 8:55 am

Did someone really say that the Hardees in MILLVALE is the same as a Sonic?!?!? How dare you!

It’s not even that bad that you are comparing Sonic to Hardees, it’s the fact that you are trying to direct people to go to MILLVALE!

10. blee1
    May 25, 2006 8:59 am

Looks like I was mistaken.

Hardee’s is owned by Carls Jr.

Thing is, they advertise Sonic here. But Wikipedia states that Sonic is doing a push where they are advertising 100’s of miles from the nearest one.

Ah well.. no such luck

11. Woy
    May 25, 2006 9:01 am

I want a White Castle.

12. Awesome Comet
    May 25, 2006 9:43 am

Waffle House. Waffle House! By the beard of Zeus, why isn’t there a bloody Waffle House within 150 miles of Pittsburgh? Preferably standing proudly between the 16th Street Bridge and Route 28, with a 1500 foot, 10,000 gigawatt sign proclaiming “Travelers, Truckers, Drunks! Piles of scattered and smothered grease, starch, and cheese on sale for cheap, 24 hours a day.” And don’t you give me that weak Denny’s crap.

BTW, for what its worth, if you’re trying to pull off the AMC thing (which you’re doing decently), I liked blurry shortskirt/longjacket pittgirl better than shadowgogo pittgirl. More relatable. But like most Pittsburghers, perhaps change just mortifies me.

13. Woy
    May 25, 2006 9:52 am

I second the call for the Waffle House. Nothing says good food like menus fused together with syrup.

14. pittgirl
    May 25, 2006 9:58 am

Waffle House! I forgot about those. They used to have a special (at least they did in Texas) where if you came in after 2:00 a.m. you could eat until morning for one low price. Whatever you wanted off the menu. It’s a wonder I don’t weigh 200 lbs.

15. Jessica
    May 26, 2006 8:01 am

There is a Waffle House relatively close by (if you don’t mind driving 1/2 hour). Its exit 41 on 79 on the way to Washington, PA.

16. Woy
    May 26, 2006 9:00 am

Huzzah Jessica! Huzzah!

17. pittgirl
    May 26, 2006 9:44 am

Woy, I think you now have the location for the next Blogfest, no?

18. Jen
    May 30, 2006 11:42 am

Actually there are 2 Waffle Houses in the Washington Area and a new one on the way. There is the one off the Meadowlands exit that is spoken of above and there is one on Murtland Ave. in Washington by the Washington Mall. There is actually a third Waffle House going in on the other side of Washington off of Jefferson Ave. My question is why does Washington get so many Waffle Houses and Pittsburgh gets none??

19. Della
    May 30, 2006 7:28 pm

Whataburger! Now there that is a Texas burger joint that flies the Lone Star Flag! Did ya ever have a Whataburger while in Texas? I live in the Whataburger HQ city and have one at least once a week!!

20. Pingback: The Burgh Blog » Squeeeeee!