Naked PETA people rock.

If you are anything like me, you will giggle through this entire video on WPXI (hat tip to Anthony at T&A) of the naked PETA people covered in plastic wrap in Market Square.

This is the funniest damn thing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I don’t know why these PETA people think that nakedness is going to make me stop eating meat. If they want me to stop eating meat, tie me to a chair in Market Square and slaughter a cow right there. THAT might make me rethink the burger I am on my way to get right now.

1. Hazel Hazel
    June 7, 2006 12:39 pm

$1.59 pound….wonder what the fat % is..

2. Matt
    June 7, 2006 12:41 pm

These people are lame.

3. sally
    June 8, 2006 7:30 am

It’s the Martin Lawrence school of activism! hermetically seal yourself in Saran, lie in the sun and change will come!
    well, either that or you’ll pass out and die.

4. paperback writer
    June 8, 2006 8:36 am

Um…so…how did they breathe?

5. pittgirl
    June 8, 2006 8:49 am

The video shows them breathing out of a hole cut in the plastic near their faces. Could not have been comfy.

6. Matt
    June 8, 2006 9:01 am

Not at all!

7. Julie_Gong
    June 8, 2006 10:27 am

I wonder if they cooked like meat in those plastic contaniers. That would be ironic… or is that more Alanis Morissette irony?

People invovled with PETA are crazy but provide endless hours of amusement for me. Who knew PETA people in PGH were as crazy as every where else? SOmeone should have thrown paint on them.

8. pittgirl
    June 8, 2006 10:44 am

I just want to know where you get a styrofoam tray that large?

9. Slytheringrrl
    June 8, 2006 12:17 pm

I know they are trying to say a trip to McDonalds is morally equivalent to cannibalism, but the take-home message I am getting is “Animal Rights Activsts are Wackos”. I love animals (she says while eating a ham sandwich :-) ) but fer cryin out loud people…from a purely scientific standpoint human beings have omnivore teeth. We are designed/evolved to eat at least a partial meat diet.

10. Awesome Comet
    June 8, 2006 1:01 pm

[Adopts “devil’s advocate” tone of voice]

As a man, I was “designed/evolved” to plant my seed in as many willing (or otherwise!) women (or 13 year old girls!) as time will allow, and then move on without a second thought to diaper changing or child support. But that doesn’t make it right; we have an obligation to be better than evolution made us.

I’m a lot more sympathetic to PETA when they protest animal testing of cosmetics. Drug testing falls somewhere in the middle. And even the food thing gets more interesting when the issue is factory farming methods rather than “how can you eat that poor thing.” Mmmmm … Bambi … gughgh.

11. pittgirl
    June 8, 2006 1:16 pm

There isn’t a PETA person alive that had they been lost in the forest and were hungry and hadn’t eaten in days and saw a rabbit hopping by, wouldn’t beat the ever loving fur out of the thing in an effort to get a meal.

12. paperback writer