That’s it … Wendy still rocks.

Those blogging bastards (and I mean that affectionately) over at T&A have discovered that Wendy Bell’s Baby Blog is no more. Before you rend your garments as PittGirl came close to doing (then this would be called the Nude Burgh Blog), chill.

Wendy’s newfound power over at WTAE has allowed her to have her very own non-baby related blog. Are you excited too? Or are you one of those people on the other end of the spectrum that hates her guts? Apparently, not only are the readers of The Burgh Blog split on Wendy … the whole city is too. We either love her or hate her. PittGirl loves her.

Wendy is the woman who so awesomely wrote of having her cervix “turkey basted” with her husband’s sperm.

Now she’s talking about:

I remember some of the things that used to freak me out me as a kid. Getting zipped up in my sleeping bag. Creepy episodes of Fantasy Island. Having my sister jump out at me in the dark. You know. Fun stuff like that. Had I ever known the true frights of parenthood, I would’ve embraced Tattoo and Mr. York with open arms.

Also this:

In front of God and everyone, I grabbed the little crapper and dragged him into the house and proceeded to yell until I had tears in my eyes.

I was doubting my Wendy-love when after Scott Baker’s departure I had comments about what a bitch Wendy was, but now that she’s blogging again, I’m back on the love train, people.

1. Lino Gunn
    June 21, 2006 9:53 pm

Sounds to me she a Mom acting like a Mom, if it had been my Mom I would have gotten a buttt slap also.

2. Bob
    June 22, 2006 1:46 pm

“So unless Wendy walks up to me on the streets of the Burgh, calls me a whore, bitch slaps me silly, and then throws a pigeon at me, I’m going to continue to like her.”

Oddly enough, I’d like her more if she WOULD do those things to me.

Except for the pigeon. I’m iffy on that.

3. pittgirl
    June 22, 2006 2:38 pm

Bob, I was waiting for that comment because I KNEW someone was going to make it. :)

4. Bob
    June 22, 2006 9:48 pm

Hah — I’m always happy to live down to expectations!

5. Wendy Bell
    June 28, 2006 12:30 am

You so crack me up!

A friend at the station (yes, believe it or not, there are still one or two, despite the dubious reports of my alleged bitchdom and ladder climb-uppery) who alerted me to this most legit blog. Incredible, really. You’ve actually isolated hideous pictures of sans-free makeup me and compared them to my publicity photo. Honestly. Has ANYONE ever taken a good publicity photo? I challenge you to find one. A similarly good feat is to find a Waffle House with all its letters lit.

I wish I could say I find it amusing that people would take the time to berate me and my new position at Channel 4. But it’s sad. Anyone who works there who isn’t either intimidated by me or who wishes they had my job knows I am the farthest thing from a bitch. A far cry from a back-stabber. And about the last person on earth who would ever do or say anything to injure a co-worker. I don’t have enough time to shave my legs, for Christ’s sake. How is it possble that I have so much alleged time for management manipulation?

As for comments about people either loving me or hating me, I think that’s equally absurd. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say to me, “You know what? I hate you.” You know why? Because the people who think they do — wish they had what I’ve worked for. And that’s a shame. I know who I am, what I am, and how to do what I do. If you don’t, and you hate me because of it, that’s your problem. Hate me all you want.

Fact of the matter is, I’m as real as the rest of you. I like hard workers. People who are talented. Driven. Motivated. Inspired. People who can teach me things. People I can learn from. I don’t like petty. I don’t have time for petty. I deal with petty all day with three sons. If you’re a grown up, and you’re reading this, and you supposedly “hate me,” grow up. Be a better you, and you might just feel better about your own lot in life.

Best wishes, Pittsburgh! Don’t believe what you hear… or what you read. What you see is what you get with me. Love me… or hate me.

Peace out,
    Wendy

6. John
    October 12, 2006 4:08 am

“Fantasy Island creeped the hell out of me when I was younger. And if any of you are too young to have ever seen an episode of Fantasy Island, please don’t tell me about it lest this old chick fling herself off of the Smithfield Street Bridge. Thanks.”

I thought it was just me… there were a few really creepy shows in the early 80’s. heh, much like there is now.

Just to stir some proverbial pot, or get you thinking, I was contemplating some 80’s celebrity death matches that would have made good ratings. Tell me if these match-ups sound fair.

Who would win?
    Mr. T vs. The Incredible Hulk
    Face(Dirk Benedict) vs. Micheal Knight(David Hasslehoff)
    Bo & Luke Duke vs. Crockett & Tubbs
    KITT(Knight Industries Two Thousand) vs. The General Lee
    Airwolf vs. the chopper from the movie “Blue Thunder”
    A-Team van vs. Magical Mystery Bus(scooby doo)
    Magnum P.I. vs. MacGyver
    Stringfellow Hawk vs. Captain “Howlin’ Mad” Murdock (and they both get to pilot the helicopter of their choice in an old fashioned WW I dogfight.)
    Webster vs. Arnold Jackson
    Cagney & Lacey vs. Laverne & Shirley
    Phillip Drummond vs. Devon Miles
    Perry Mason vs. Matlock (winner gets a Buick Park Avenue)

Ok, discuss…

Also, a few local celebrity death matches to consider:

Sonni Abbata vs. Wendy Bell

Peggy Finnegan vs. Sally Wiggins

Luke Ravenstahl vs. Ben Roethlisberger

Ken Rice’s eyebrow vs. John Fedko’s mustache (c’mon, you
    know he still has that thing over his fireplace on the mantle or something)

Rusted Root vs. The Clarks (in an all out cage match)

(it’s a shame he passed away, but…) Fred Rogers vs. Dave Crawley

Rick Seback vs. Fred Honsberger

News Chopper 2 vs. Chopper 11 (I considered sky chopper 4, but being the smaller Robinson R22, I doubt it would stand a chance against either the Jet Ranger or Long Ranger)

Jeff Verszyla vs. Steven Cropper

Jim Lokay vs. route 376 traffic (Jim is allowed to use a map, and a helmet)

The T vs. the Duquesne incline (a fight to the finish on top of Mt. Washington)

And just for the record, if Wendy Bell was in a cage match with Sienna Miller, Wendy would kick her british face in.

and finally, to Wendy:

Wendy,
    I’m just curious, here, but does Steven Cropper put on a green outfit and pretend to be “floating head weatherman” when no one is around? Surely you must have caught him at some point.