Flashdance!: By Sally Wiggin

Sally Wiggin! What in the name of Myron Cope are you wearing lately?!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Did your clothes washer break, forcing you to dig out your fashions from the late 80’s/early 90’s?

Would even Britney Spears be caught dead in a powder blue/gray animal print or pink pleather paired with a red shirt?

Are you wearing leg warmers under that desk too?

When you go home at night, do you put on a torn off the shoulder sweatshirt and then proceed to take your bra off without removing said sweatshirt?

Look at the new weather girl (yeah, that’s what I call ’em) Erin, rocking the conservative gray. Sally, I’m not saying you should NEVER pull your pink pleather or blue animal print from your closet … wait. Yes I am. Burn those clothes, honey.

1. paperback writer
    June 23, 2006 11:30 am

Maybe she’s found her inner 80s chick.

2. coach99
    June 23, 2006 4:27 pm

I saw her dressed that way and figured she is just trying to keep up with Wendy Bell. Sally will have to go for more of the scooped necklines though for the total Bell ringer look.

3. ditto anti-wendy
    June 23, 2006 11:33 pm

honestly, if you’re going to pick on sally then you need to apply the same principles to wendy. what in the world was she wearing on friday 6/23? did she run into a bolt of fabric on the way out of joann’s? the wardrobe choice lacks professionalism (and fashion taste). and i can do without her clapping, hootin’ and hollarin’ off camera while the weatherman is trying to give me the weekend forcast. and why is she sitting in the camera left anchor (number 1) chair? that seat used to be occupied by mike clark on the 11 o’clock news.

4. Patty
    June 23, 2006 11:57 pm

It looked like a papoose, maybe her youngest was stuffed in there somewhere! I agree about all the hootin’ in the background. Could she have said that she wanted one of those disgusting Krispy Kreme bacon cheeseburgers one more time? I love how the report mentioned that the burger was an invention of Luther Vandross — didn’t he die of a stroke?

Wendy could be the “Annoying Burgher of the Week” for all 52 of them. It’s weird how I still watch her, though. It’s kind of like seeing roadkill and saying to yourself “I’m not going to look at it,” but then you do. You just can’t help it.

5. Barrister Jubril
    June 25, 2006 8:23 pm

OK: it’s time for another of those ‘it is just me’ posts–but–is it just me, or does everyone enjoy the weird linguistic flights of fancy Steve Cropper indulgdes in? I’ve never seen so many mixed metaphors in my life in reference to weather! I’ve seen him describe an oncoming front as a ‘big shoe’ and then turn to Sally Wiggin (wearing yellow that day) and comment that she looked like a ‘big daffodil’. THAT’s entertainment, folks.

6. pittgirl
    June 26, 2006 1:39 pm

These comments have convinced me that I need to start watching more local news on the TV and not just the snippets I get on the webpages of the various outlets. Wendy Bell dressed like a papoose? Steven Cropper pulling a Dan Rather? Must see TV.

7. Patty
    June 26, 2006 5:50 pm

Here’s what I meant when I said she looked like she was wearing a papoose (hers was a nice powder blue, too bad you missed it). . .

8. Woy
    June 27, 2006 11:20 pm

Stretch always said that Julie Bologna was one of the worst dressers ever on TV.