Holy SHIT! Wendy Bell reads the Burgh Blog?

We all know PittGirl loves Wendy Bell. We all know lots of people in the city hate Wendy Bell. We all know that PittGirl is hot. I just today noticed this comment posted on the “That’s it … Wendy still rocks” post:

You so crack me up!

A friend at the station (yes, believe it or not, there are still one or two, despite the dubious reports of my alleged bitchdom and ladder climb-uppery) who alerted me to this most legit blog. Incredible, really. You’ve actually isolated hideous pictures of sans-free makeup me and compared them to my publicity photo. Honestly. Has ANYONE ever taken a good publicity photo? I challenge you to find one. A similarly good feat is to find a Waffle House with all its letters lit.

I wish I could say I find it amusing that people would take the time to berate me and my new position at Channel 4. But it’s sad. Anyone who works there who isn’t either intimidated by me or who wishes they had my job knows I am the farthest thing from a bitch. A far cry from a back-stabber. And about the last person on earth who would ever do or say anything to injure a co-worker. I don’t have enough time to shave my legs, for Christ’s sake. How is it possble that I have so much alleged time for management manipulation?

As for comments about people either loving me or hating me, I think that’s equally absurd. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say to me, “You know what? I hate you.” You know why? Because the people who think they do — wish they had what I’ve worked for. And that’s a shame. I know who I am, what I am, and how to do what I do. If you don’t, and you hate me because of it, that’s your problem. Hate me all you want.

Fact of the matter is, I’m as real as the rest of you. I like hard workers. People who are talented. Driven. Motivated. Inspired. People who can teach me things. People I can learn from. I don’t like petty. I don’t have time for petty. I deal with petty all day with three sons. If you’re a grown up, and you’re reading this, and you supposedly “hate me,” grow up. Be a better you, and you might just feel better about your own lot in life.

Best wishes, Pittsburgh! Don’t believe what you hear… or what you read. What you see is what you get with me. Love me… or hate me.

Peace out,
Wendy

Reasons additional that I love Wendy:

1. “Peace out”
  2. “Christ’s sake”
  3. “alleged bitchdom and ladder climb-uppery”

Awesome. But anyway, Burghers, there you have it, straight from Wendy’s keyboard.

Scott Baker, what say you?

1. Awesome Comet
    June 28, 2006 3:44 pm

Hi Wendy, did you know we had isolated a nearby Waffle House? Its exit 41 on 79 on the way to Washington, PA, which we’re told is just a half hour away.

JP, I figured you were girls with Wendy from back in highschool or the such, and thereby came to be engaged in freelance publicity. Does that mean that actually don’t actually know Matt Lamanamanama as a former prom date or something

2. pittgirl
    June 28, 2006 3:50 pm

I don’t personally know a single one of my obsessions.

3. Anthony
    June 28, 2006 6:15 pm

That’s rather cool. Equally as cool is that she commented on the post in which you affectionately referred to us as “those blogging bastards.”

I can picture Wendy and Don Schwenneker hanging out at the water cooler, and one of them saying to the other, “Hey, did you read what PittGirl and those blogging bastards wrote today? Good stuff. Good stuff, indeed.”

4. Ignacio
    June 28, 2006 9:34 pm

Holy insecurity, Batman!

Wendy: A long time ago my mama sat me down and said “Ignacio, not everyone will like you and it’s okay.” People suck that way, but putting yourself out there like that doesn’t help your cause.

Hugs out,
    Iggy

5. yinzernation
    June 28, 2006 9:46 pm

Pitt Girl :

I’m surprised that you’re surprised that people read your blog. You underestimate your clout. I guess that’s why you haven’t returned the calls from the Swann campaign.

You need to reprimand Awesome Comet. He/she almost blew your anonymity with the JP reference.

Which is cooler, Wendy’s “peace out” or Ignacio’s “Hugs Out”?

Peace (or hugs) out,

yinzernation

6. pittgirl
    June 28, 2006 9:48 pm

I believe I have about as much clout as a pigeon.

Actually, the JP reference only refers to my fake made up name that people see when they email me. That fake totally made up name is Jane Pitt … thus the JP.

7. pittgirl
    June 28, 2006 9:50 pm

I actually regularly sign my emails with either Peace. or Peace out. so Wendy’s got my vote on the cool factor.

8. dwight
    June 29, 2006 12:04 am

I always liked Wendy. I must not have been reading/hearing the anti-Bell sentiment. So I am untouched by the negativity—for once. Yay!

9. Matt
    June 29, 2006 11:44 am

Wendy Bell is hot

10. J. Philip
    June 29, 2006 3:30 pm

Welp , PittGirl , looks like you got your long and anticipated well-deserved acknowledgement from Wendy.

11. Jess
    June 30, 2006 9:07 am

Yo, that Wendy Bell is amazing!

12. coach99
    July 3, 2006 10:32 pm

Wow—it will be fun watching Wendy evenings and know she has hairy legs under that anchor desk—-and I just though she was wearing wooly knee socks.

13. Pingback: T&A: Tunesmith & Anthony’s Blog - Those Blogging Bastards » Stockey Speaks Out