Whoa! Did you know that you can now take a Segway tour of the Burgh?
1. I’m a little shocked that Pittsburgh of all places, with our insane terrain that doesn’t allow us to take two steps on flat land, is home of a Segway tour. How the hell do you motor those puppies up a hill and do they have brakes or do you just careen down the hill with prayers and pleadings in your head that you don’t get pulled under a bus as you shoot like a bat of out hell into the intersection?
2. I’m a little shocked a fully powered $5,000 Segway will only go 15 miles before it runs out of power. The hell?
3. I’m a little shocked that I’m dying to try one of these out … unless they force you to wear those stupid hats in the photo, then … no.
4. I’m a little shocked that no one has come up with the brilliant idea to combine this Segway tour with those hydrobikes … sort of a land/sea tour of Pittsburgh that can be called, “Tour Pittsburgh by Modes of Ridiculous Looking Transportation”. Wait! I just came up with that!
5. I’m a little shocked that they haven’t started advertising these tours with “See Pittsburgh by Segway … just another reason for Cleveland to be jealous!”