Random thoughts by PittGirl

1. It looks like we’ll have more oddly attractive men swarming the city to “drop it in your pocket” (still … huh?) as it appears the 2008 Bass Majors will be held on our rivers as the fishermen try to snag some of our puny, infested fish.

2. The Steelers Celebration with Bon Jovi yesterday looked to be pretty cool; however, apparently in the middle, Al Gore showed up on the JumboTron to give an environmental message. WTF?!?! No matter what my opinion may be on global warming, don’t show up in my face to talk to me about it in the middle of a Steelers celebration and don’t show up to talk to me about it on a weekend in July when the high temps reached a boiling 74 degrees. Thanks.

3. Smokin’!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I’ll let you figure out which one I’m talking about (link).

4. From Sergio Garcia at the British Open (How awesome was Tiger? Sniff.) after a shittastic performance where his best friend and constant companion was the three-putt bogey:

Today, I had so many good putts. I can’t even count how many good putts I hit that didn’t want to go in.

From Jim Tracy after losing to the Marlins last night:

“We played a good ball game and did some pretty good things.”

I don’t know how many times we can cover this but let’s do it again: good putts go IN the hole, the ball doesn’t “want” to do anything because the ball is a BALL and only does what you make it do, and good ball games are those which we actually win. When did every loser in sports get so stupid?

5. These? Rock.

Randomness? Done.

1. Heidi
    July 24, 2006 10:46 am

Sally Wiggin kinda looks like Sela Ward to me.

2. Awesome Comet
    July 24, 2006 10:50 am

The Sergio Garcia quote is freakin’ *hysterical* to anybody clued in yiddish-wise.

And how about that hip slacker apron on Wendy?

3. pittgirl
    July 24, 2006 10:57 am

AND, did City Councilman Doug Shields sign Sally’s apron while she was wearing it? If so, way to go for the boobs, Doug, you dirty rascal.

4. Hank
    July 24, 2006 3:22 pm

Looks like Ken Rice on the front of Wendy’s apron.
    Ha!
    Wendy does indeed look top notch MILF-y in that photo.

5. yinzernation
    July 24, 2006 4:47 pm

Does she have her arm around Sally or is she in the process of stabbing her in the back?

The N@ stickers are very cool. Almost as cool at the “yinzwear” at yinzernation.com!

6. north sider
    July 24, 2006 6:58 pm

I saw Wendy out in Regent Square on Friday night. She is even hotter in person! And I say that as a straigt woman.
    It was from a little Wendy “obsession” of my own that I stumbled upon this blog. I love it! Reading it has actually become one of the highlights of my day! Thanks for your great writing!

7. Lino Gunn
    July 25, 2006 12:33 am

Tracy needs to know that finishing second meanss your the first loser.

8. parakeethome
    July 25, 2006 10:05 pm

Oh Heidi – Old Sally wishes she on her best day could look as good as Sela Ward does on her worst day!!!!

9. Heidi
    July 25, 2006 10:23 pm

I’ve seen Sally in person, she looks much more youthful than she appears on TV. Although in the picture above she does look like she’s saying, through her teeth, “do I really have to have my picture taken with HER?” My goodness Wendy, I can count every tooth in your mouth. Think “cheese,” not “cheeeeeeeeeese.”