PittGirl will give Santonio Holmes another chance.

Santonio Holmes has been a royal asshat.

You know I think this and you have thought it too, despite his claims that not one Burgher has given him any negative feedback.

Today’s news reports are further confirming that Hines Ward has taken Santonio from under the wing of Ben Roethlisberger, where Santonio had forcefully been kept against his will for some time now, and placed him under his own happy wing.

And not just in name only. Hines has been practicing every day after practice with Santonio in an effort to help him up his game.

And then check this out:

“I’m doing very well. The coaches are satisfied with my performance. I think I feel comfortable with the way everything is going. But I still have a lot of learning to do.”

Did he just say “I still have a lot of learning to do?” That sounds like humility and do you know where humility comes from? Maturity! Bravo, Santonio. Painting those churches has really helped you. No one can bring the good and humility out of a person like Hines “I Shit Sunshine” Ward.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hines also says:

“He’s a good kid,” Ward said. “He started off a little rocky with his off-the-field stuff, but he wants to have a clean slate. He’s really a great kid who wants to get better.”

Since I pretty much worship Hines Ward as my third religion behind sunshine and white chocolate, I’m going to give Santonio another chance.

I’m removing the Total Asshat label and replacing it with a 90% Asshat, 10% Acceptable label. Until he says or does his next shittastic thing, then I’ll smack that Total Asshat label back on him so fast he’ll be forever marked with the imprint of my palm.

1. Z
    August 9, 2006 6:31 pm

PittGirl…I tell ya, I laughed so hard at that caption…my boss thought I’d lost my mind!

2. Lino Gunn
    August 10, 2006 8:45 pm

He’s still a dork and will always be a dork.

3. Jen
    August 11, 2006 6:34 pm

So, I totally accept your new label regarding Santonio… but I must share a story with you first.
    I was traveling from Charlotte to L.A. a few weeks ago… (what would be the day before training camp began) and I observed a guy sitting down the bar from me… he had HUGE diamonds in his ears, lots of gold chains, and D&G sunglasses… all the bling made me look. As I watched him, I realized that the guy with all the bling is Santonio Holmes!! Now, I’ve never met Santonio before, so I could be wrong, but, the dude I thought to be Santonio took three shots of whiskey in a row, paid his tab, and took off. I even asked the bartender if he paid his check with a credit card so I could verify the name… he didn’t. :( However, a flight to Pittsburgh was leaving out of the same gate in 30 minutes. I do believe that the guy at the bar with the whiskey and the bling was our beloved Santonio Holmes. :)

4. patrick bruce
    August 13, 2006 10:50 am

There are few things that people in Pittsburgh have come to realize and the first one is that any broad that tries to talk about football like a guy from the ‘burgh sounds like an idiot.

It’s okay to wear your Jack Lambert jersey and make the homemade potatoe salad for the tail gate parties and it’s even okay to pretend that you understand the “in the grasp rule” – but when you start talking about judging the talent of atheletes when it is virtually impossible for you to have ever competed at this kid’s level in ANY sport – shut up!

I watched the kid play last night and frankly he gave me the same sense I got when I Hines Ward – IN COLLEGE.

I’m tired of Pittsburgh Boards pretending they are hard core Steeler fans – it’s easy to grab a handle like “PittGirl” but to talk football with real steeler fans that have been studying the game our entire lives – it’s sickening!

5. Brad
    August 13, 2006 2:23 pm

Patrick you pathetic wimp !! PittGirl rocks, women being involved is what it is all about. She makes sense, is intellegent and is involved enough in the game and in the players that she is what the Steelers fan base is all about. Now you, you jerk shut the f— up and quit makeing an ass of yourself.!!!!

6. billy
    August 14, 2006 9:02 pm

Asshat is really, really funny. I will be using it myself. Nice work. Patrick is a tool.

7. cate
    August 15, 2006 10:13 pm

seriously, that just became my computer background. i am going to giggle at hines’ sunshine-shit-eating-grin throughout the entire football season.

8. Pingback: The Burgh Blog » Welcome back, PittGirl. You have 398 updates and 250 emails!

9. mai wen
    August 21, 2006 12:56 pm

patrick bruce,

Unfortunately you just come off sounding like a sexist pig rather than a “real” Steelers’ fan. You might be surprised to find out that Steelers’ fans can differ in their opinions on players and the team, they do not move and think as one huge unit that seemingly thinks just as you do.

10. yinernation
    August 22, 2006 8:38 am

Looks like Santonio has company in the Asshat club.