If at first you don’t succeed … pick another Steeler.

Remember this dude?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He’s at it again. He managed to get a woman to give him over $3,000 by telling her he was Jerame Tuman of the Steelers and that he needed the cash for a Steeler getaway because his accounts were frozen.

Aside from the fact that this dude has major huevos for doing this AGAIN, I’ve got to believe that he’s some sort of voodoo magic hypnotist priest because the boy is fug yet he simply says, “I’m a Steeler.” and women rip their clothes off and give him cash.

I once had a guy in a Cancun nightclub hit on me, claiming to be Elvis Stojko (!).  I asked for ID (not that I would ever date the man, but I was curious if it was him) and when he produced none (“I left it in my hotel room”) I had his ass dragged away (it helps to know the security people).

1. Mia
    August 25, 2006 2:13 pm

Hey that’s 3 Steelers in 3 years, wonder who he’ll be next year…. think he’ll take nominations? Maybe we can vote on it.

Oh and ladies, can we please try to be just a little less gullible?

2. pittgirl
    August 25, 2006 2:15 pm

I for one would LOVE to see him try to pull a Polamalu.

3. Mia
    August 25, 2006 2:18 pm

I was thinking Bettis…okay perhaps too much of a stretch for his, ahem, acting ability, but the fun I could have with that one if he actually managed to convince some poor unsuspecting “fan.”

4. Matt H
    August 25, 2006 2:28 pm

This guy is a complete loser. Also goes to show you how gullable some people are.

5. sallypierre
    August 25, 2006 11:24 pm

maybe someone should put up a couple of billboards with his picture on it informing the public he is not a steeler.

i would ask how pittsburgh women could be so dumb but that would be wrong since jerry jones brought TO to dallas.

6. latchkey
    August 26, 2006 10:52 am

Hey I have to tell you all – back in my single days – there were several black dudes that would go around saying they, in fact, were Steelers – that would circulate in the clubs/bars around the burgh. The circle of friends I had at that time knew better and actually would make a game out of how far these impersonators would go before we would wipe up the floor with their sorry asses humiliating them. Anyone know if there are a new crop of these?

7. Julie_Gong
    August 29, 2006 1:55 pm

You know the girl who went out with the fake Big Ben… yea… that was a friend of mine in college. she is an idiot and i’m no longer friends with her because of it…