Can I get a “Hell yeah!”?
My thoughts on the awesome game:
1. I now have some faith in Charlie Batch, fumble and all. As MSNBC so perfectly put it:
Charlie Batch outplayed Daunte Culpepper. Outplayed? He was Ali to Culpepper’s Wepner. He was rock to Culpepper’s scissors. He was windshield to Culpepper’s bug.
2. Corey O’Connor still rocks. Still hot. Still needs some Dippity Do.
3. Santonio “Asshat” Holmes really made no impression on me other than his first quarter catch in traffic and his big rookie no-no of catching a punt on the 4 and then slipping as he tried to run. If you were an expert lip reader such as I am, you would have seen Bill Cowher say to him: “I don’t care what you have to do, but your job … you MUST get that ball to the 20.” Word.
4. This game was ripe with man love:
5. I was stunned when Nate Washington pulled in that touchdown pass. In fact, I pretty much looked like this guy:
6. And how about Heath Miller? Running, and running, and running. Who knew he could run like that? Of course he seems to have come out of bounds near the 1 yd line, but the Miami coach waited too long to throw his challenge flag.