Asshat.

I was watching the new local Jerome Bettis Show (sucks) the other evening … well more like I was flipping through channels and an image of Santonio Holmes caught my eye.

I decided to stop flipping and see what the bad boy had to say in his attempts to win PittGirl over.

The gist of his response to questions about his arrests were this:

God was testing me.  I’ve been reading my Bible lately and God was testing me.

Huh?! is right.

I may not be a scholar of the Bible who can quote it back and front, but I’m pretty sure there isn’t anything in there about “And the Lord will test thee by forcing thee to smack around your baby mama.”

No, I would say his smacking around his girlfriend and leaving marks on her would actually be Santonio testing God.

Santonio, I said PAINT CHURCHES if you want to win us over.  I never said to play the God card in the manner in which you just so erroneously did, which was the equivalent of yelling GO FISH during Texas Hold’em.

1. Joey
    September 12, 2006 8:42 am

Yes, that wasn’t the best quote in the world. But, remember “innocent till proven guilty.” She (the baby’s mama) could have an agenda. I’m not condoning it by any means…if he did it, he should be given the third degree, but let’s wait until the WHOLE story is out there.

2. pittgirl
    September 12, 2006 8:52 am

Yes, but the baby mama decided a week or so after the incident that she didn’t want to press charges (I guess they made up as they are still together), but the police had so much evidence (marks, etc.) that they pressed the charges anyway. That to me doesn’t sound like she has an agenda other than she called the cops because she was scared.

3. notayinzer
    September 12, 2006 10:53 am

Pittgirl – everyone knows God has a LOT to do with football, don’t you remember Ben’s PFJ issues of his rookie year? Apparently J is mad at B, as evidenced by the pittsburgh left, appendicitis, and coming soon…locusts.

4. pittgirl
    September 12, 2006 10:55 am

Awesome. I bet B gets a boil pretty soon.

5. Julie_Gong
    September 12, 2006 11:58 am

“And the Lord will test thee by forcing thee to smack around your baby mama.” You kill me. Baby mama. HA!

6. Slytheringrrl
    September 12, 2006 12:20 pm

I am suddenly reminded of the song “Would Jesus Wear A Rolex” which includes the line “Would he admit he’s been talkin’ to all those preachers who say they’ve been talkin’ to him.”

:-)

7. Lino Gunn
    September 14, 2006 2:16 pm

Told ya he was a jerk !

8. Pingback: The Burgh Blog » And the award for the best murderer goes to …