And the PG is reaching too.

Seems KDKA isn’t the only outlet reaching for some news today.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tonight at five:

Wendy Bell, leaning into the camera and clasping her hands under her chin in a meaningful pose: If you’re just joining us, the big story out of Pittsburgh today is that the Steelers will be wearing white jerseys tonight when they play the Jacksonville Jaguars. I’ll repeat that, the Steelers will be wearing white. Let’s go to the scene of the action in Jacksonville where Jon Burton is standing by with this breaking story. This is just unbelievable …

I guess they’re just subscribing to the Burgh news philosophy:  If it has to deal with snowflakes or the Steelers, it’s news, which explains why Stephen Cropper regularly breaks into programming during the winter months to let us know he saw a snowflake heading toward the general Burgh viewing area.

1. Ruby Vroom
    September 18, 2006 3:48 pm

I have a friend who just started working at KDKA-TV and was told outright when he was hired that the Steelers and the weather are the 2 most important things they cover on the news. Truly. Over at WPXI, they’ve clearly added “bizarre freak accidents that will happen to your children if you don’t tune it at 5 AND 11.”

2. Woy
    September 18, 2006 3:53 pm

And pets that get the beat shit out of them. Dogs that are shot… cats that are set on fire.

Don’t forget about the animals!

3. pittgirl
    September 18, 2006 4:05 pm

Yeah, that puppy that got fed crack is ALL OVER THE NEWS lately. Oy.

4. Ruby Vroom
    September 18, 2006 4:40 pm

My dad calls and complains every time they lead the news with a cruelty to animals story. My favorites are the housefires. Yes, it’s tragic but it has no news value in that there’s nothing I can learn from it and nothing I can do about it now. Except feel really. really. sad.

5. sallypierre
    September 18, 2006 6:00 pm

here in the DFW area, we get BREAKING NEWS on weather in spring, summer, fall and winter, i.e. tornadoes, heat waves, hurricanes and blizzards. we don’t get to feel safe at any time of the year! can’t forget the numerous car chases either, and it was on the news that you don’t wear white after labor day and we have T.O.

GO STEELERS!

6. sallypierre
    September 18, 2006 6:06 pm

BREAKING NEWS from DFW:

T.O. to get titanium screw in finger–might be out 2-4 weeks. he’s a wuss.

7. dukey11
    September 18, 2006 11:33 pm

okay… I KNOW the news had something else to talk about today.

8. Lino Gunn
    September 19, 2006 12:40 am

I love the overnight shootings. It’s like , Wow, here’s something unusual one low life shot another low life. It’s like, keep on killin’ we need the lead story for eleven mins. I’m all for the redding up of the gene pool.

9. latchkey