What they’re really thinking: The suck edition.

Well THAT … sucked.

Quite possibly THE most frustrating Steelers game I’ve watched, ever.

Ron Cook writes today that Cowher made the absolute right decision in playing Ben. I beg to differ.

It was widely reported last night during the game that Ben had a 104 degree fever earlier in the day. People? When PittGirl runs a 102 fever, I am bedridden, drinking chicken broth like mojitos, and alternately piling up six blankets and then ripping them all off five minutes later while cursing the fact that air has to touch me. At 104, I’m pretty sure I’d start deciding who will get possession of my autographed Franco Harris Jersey and try to bend over to kiss my own ass hasta la vista.

Playing Monday Night Football? I think by the fourth quarter Ben was hallucinating:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Granted, the rest of the team sucked ass too (Hi, Santonio). Even Hines wasn’t looking too great. And check this out:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hines is NOT SMILING in that photo. I ask you, when is the last time Mr. I Shit Sunshine took a photo on the field in which he wasn’t grinning from 12 carat earring to 12 carat earring?

I’m probably being simple minded when I say that there must have been some point in the fourth quarter when The Chin could have pulled Ben aside and said, look, you’re obviously not feeling very well. Let’s let Charlie give you some rest. But that didn’t happen.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1. notayinzer
    September 19, 2006 9:28 am

Did I not tell you that Jesus was pissed at Ben???

2. pittgirl
    September 19, 2006 9:31 am

You did. And boy is he ever.

3. Slytheringrrl
    September 19, 2006 10:13 am

But what of the healing power of Troy “wouldn’t kick him out of bed for eating crackers” Polamalu? Perhaps in the guise of a manly, encouraging hinder-slap he could have laid hands on Ben? Or maybe you should just send him over here to *whisper* Cleveland *whisper* to lay some hands on me? I promise I’ll give him back…

4. mai wen
    September 19, 2006 11:26 am

Speaking of Troy, did you guys notice his gimpy right arm. His right shoulder is what was hurt, but my husband and I were watching, his right arm was basically limp the whole game and he Definitely was missing some tackles that he usually makes. Hmm, our star offensive guy and star defensive guy are sick and injured. Yeah, that game sucked major ass.

Argh.

5. pittgirl
    September 19, 2006 11:36 am

Jesus must be mad at the whole team then.

6. Ruby Vroom
    September 19, 2006 1:16 pm

I think Jesus is mad at all of us. Maybe I’m just not a Big Tough Man but I agree that Ben probably could have used another week off. And, what was all that business at the beginning of the game when the ESPN peeps were talking about how there’s a 4-6 week recuperation after Ben’s surgery? Has the entire Pgh media been lying to us about this? Everyone here’s like, “I know his temp’s 104 but his surgery was a whole 15 days ago, he’s fine!” Hmmm.

7. Z
    September 19, 2006 1:16 pm

I think The Chin (love that, my son started calling him that three years ago after The Crimson Chin) is saying, “it’s going to be…ALL RIGHT…” Heinz looks like he wants to show The Chin some all right….

8. jackie
    September 19, 2006 1:20 pm

Cowher reported that his temp was 100.4. ESPN reported it wrong. Bun of morons! 104 cause brain damage in some adults. Ben doesnt need any more brain damage.

9. Ruby Vroom
    September 19, 2006 1:39 pm

100.4! Oh, well, thank god. Because 104 just seemed totally beyond good sense. Freakin’ ESPN.

10. Awesome Comet
    September 19, 2006 3:11 pm

Looking back, I am kind of amused at how shitty I felt after that game, and how awful the looks were on the faces of the Steelers in the 3rd quarter, like “Oh my god! We’re getting eliminated from the playoffs! We’re getting locked out of playoff berth! How could this BEEE?” And it’s like, one little game. Shit, its been a long time since we lost.

11. Tep
    September 19, 2006 5:41 pm

Ever since the 15-1 season when we should’ve been 16-0, it is hard to accept any loss. Especially after last years playoff run. Last night was lazy ball.

12. pr9000
    September 19, 2006 5:56 pm

yeah, but remember: i’d rather have this happen during week 2 than, say, week 12. even though that’s the opposite of what happened last year. so what do i know?

13. Lino Gunn