You CANNOT be serious, Starbucks!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

WTF? Just this morning I paid $4.23 for a venti pumpkin spice latte, or as I call it decaf, skim, no-whip, crack.

$4.23 is ALOT of money for a latte and I have no one to blame but myself for this addiction (unless Starbucks REALLY IS putting crack in their drinks, because, why are they so addictive?!?).

I’ve tried cheaper lattes, including the one time in a bold move when I had a 99 cent pumpkin spice latte out of one of those machines in a Sunoco station. Basically, what comes out is hot syrup. Really, it is that grossly sweet and nasty. I’ve tried the lattes at Donna Lisa’s, Dunkin Donuts, Cool Beans, Oasis on the corner of Seventh and William Penn Way, Simpatico in the lobby of the Regional Enterprise Tower, and they all sucked compared to Starbucks. I EVEN DRANK THE COFFEE AT SHOOTZ ON THE SOUTH SIDE. I’m lucky I’m alive I tells ya, because that stuff will blind you and shut down your vital organs.

Now my latte is going to cost me $4.28. Once it passes the $4.50 cent mark, I am going to have a real hard time justifying a $5.00 cup of coffee (I believe in rounding, so right now, I’m really only paying $4).

My only hope for NOT spending $100 a month on lattes is rehab. For real.

1. Awesome Comet
    September 22, 2006 10:21 am

Three words: plain black coffee. Once you really focus on the caffiene addiction, the sugar addiction receedes to a peculiar memory.

2. Kate
    September 22, 2006 10:34 am

Oh, pumpkin spice latte, yay! The gingerbread latte around the holidays is cracklike, too.

Plain black Starbucks coffee tastes like ass, though.

3. pittgirl
    September 22, 2006 10:53 am

Plain black coffee makes me do spit-takes.

4. BNG
    September 22, 2006 11:04 am

Agree w/ the first person. Plain black coffee. Only way to have it.

5. Anthony
    September 22, 2006 11:12 am

I’m with Pizzle Gizzle. I can feel the lining of my stomach being eaten away when I drink black coffee. I could deal with spit-takes as I find the occasional spit-take to be enjoyable.

6. ethan
    September 22, 2006 11:13 am

If you reload your Starbucks Coffee Card with at least $50 from a Visa card (or debit card), they will send you a $10 complimentary card. I thought it was a nice gesture, so reloaded two of my cards. That’s 4 free Starbucks premium beverages =)

7. blee
    September 22, 2006 1:31 pm

I can get a pint of GUINNESS for less than that.

Thank god I don’t drink coffee.

8. heidi
    September 22, 2006 3:42 pm

Being the cheapskate that i am, i drink the .99 cent lattes from the machines, but found that if you only put about 1/4 of the syrupy stuff in and then top it off with regular coffee its not bad.

9. coach99
    September 23, 2006 12:56 am

Hmmmm….do you complain about the price of a gallon of gas? How much is a gallon of Starbucks :)

10. brutus
    September 25, 2006 11:13 am

I am SO with PG on this. Starbucks has me by the grapes. Honestly, after reading this post, I began craving Pumpkin Spice and drove to get one. Complaining all the way.

11. miXi
    September 25, 2006 11:38 am

Pumpkin Spice Latte time is one of my favorite times of the year. It’s not just the caffeine, it’s the whole experience of a deliciously-flavored coffee drink that NO OTHER coffee place match. I drink my plain black coffee at work when I want caffeine, but when I want a Staruck’s pumpkin spice latte, I want a Starbuck’s pumpkin spice latte. Their skill is not in their coffee, but in the drinks that do NOT taste like coffee.

it must be the crack.