Darlene Costa is ACTUALLY always the last to know.

Have you EVER said, “Why am I always the last to know?” PittGirl has said that many times because in my large family I am ALWAYS the last to know … my family is like, “So are you ready for family vacation next week.” And I’m like, “We have family vacation next week?” Or “It’s such a shame Uncle Leo died.” “UNCLE LEO DIED?!?!”

But Burghers, we can no longer claim to be the last to know, because hell, we knew Dom Costa was retiring before his wife did.

When the rumors started swirling yesterday that Dom was going to put in for his retirement, the media called his house and his wife answered and said:

Darlene Costa, the chief’s wife, said last night that rumors that Chief Costa was set to resign were false.

“He’s not resigning. You got that straight from the horse’s mouth,” she said.

Yet today:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ouch! If that was me and Dom Costa was my husband … ewwwww [shudder] … I would be seriously thinking about a boycott on sex as punishment for making me sound like such a moron in the press … and so I wouldn’t have to have sex with Dom Costa and have his toupee keep falling in my face … ewwwwwwwwwww. Too much mental imagery.

And also, Darlene, calling yourself a horse. That’s just sad.  You aren’t a horse … but you sure are the last to know.

1. notayinzer
    September 29, 2006 11:29 am

RESIGN she said…not RETIRE. The horses mouth did not lie.

This is a big win for the redd up campaign…I haven’t seen any glamour shots of his possible replacement but I’m guessing he or she has to be an improvement in the looks department.

2. finally...
    September 29, 2006 11:53 am

this is off topic, but if you’re from the west or recently relocated from the west and totally hate the burgh’s lack of taqueria choices, or just the lack of taquerias in general, the post-gazette’s weekend mag just ran a review of Taqueria Taco Loco in the south side and it warranted great reviews. ahh, true marinated pork and mole sauce – good news makes this boy smile.

3. Maria
    September 29, 2006 2:30 pm

She’d also be accurate if he hadn’t really resigned or retired, which is basically the rumor on some blogs.

4. pittgirl
    September 29, 2006 2:33 pm

Meaning he was fired?

5. cityworker
    September 29, 2006 4:08 pm

He did some things inside government that people did not like so instead of going through a firing he took a retirement.

6. latchkey
    September 29, 2006 4:43 pm

Well, my guess is is that he was told he would be replaced. In summary, one Costa gone, one more to go (Guy) and then Jay Costa. Making progress and redding up.

7. cityworker
    September 29, 2006 4:47 pm

i don’t know how soon you will see Guy gone. I am pretty close to the situation and even though you hear rumblings, it is not a done deal yet. I think it would be a bad PR move to force someone out who has Brain Cancer after the mayor just died from it.

8. Maria
    September 29, 2006 6:58 pm

“Meaning he was fired?”

“Fired” is such an ugly word.