1. My postings have been a bit more sparse this week for the simple reason that there hasn’t been much snark-worthy news … and let’s be real, that’s the bestest kind of news. Reader dukey11 commented, “Post more. I love you.” Since I completely take to shameless flattery, I’ll do my best.
2. I drove in this morning instead of taking the bus because I am a masochist who enjoys inflicting needless pain on myself. As I was entering the turnpike ramp to get my ticket at the booth, I somehow accidentally cut another car off. PittGirl is a considerate bitch when she drives. I go with the flow of traffic, I don’t go slow in the fast lane, I don’t tailgate, I respect the machine I am driving. But sometimes we all become that person we hate and I did this morning. I don’t know how I didn’t see her. I looked in my blind spot and she wasn’t there, and then when I switched lanes, there she was. And BOY, did she let me know it, tooting her horn real loud for real long. Immediately remorseful, I waved to her in my “so sorry” wave and stopped to get my ticket. She pulled directly behind me (even though every other lane was open), so I figured, why not say I’m sorry. I stuck my head out my window as I grabbed my ticket and shouted … “Sorry about that!” with a cute little smile on my face. I wasn’t expecting a “Oh, that’s okay.” or even a smile. I just thought maybe a two finger wave or something would be returned. Instead, she glared at me and shouted, “Just go already, God!” Whoa! So to that lady I’d like to say, “Listen you cow, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I cut you off. I’m sorry I wasted five whole seconds of your time to say that I’m sorry. I’m sorry you are a sucky person. PittGirl has a motto and anyone that knows me has heard me say this at least one time: Life is too short to live it pissed off all the time.”
3. I have tickets to the Pirates game tonight, so of course the forecast for this evening for right about the time the fireworks go off is like 35 degrees. Lovely. I’ll be the cutie pie dressed for a blizzard.
4. Sometime last week or so, while I was probably researching evasive pigeon maneuvers, The Burgh Blog received its 200,000th hit. The blog is nearing the end of its busiest month ever with over 33,000 hits. Not bragging, just saying thanks for reading my crap. I choose to believe that David Conrad is waiting for the chance to be my 250,000th hit before he finally visits and sends me an invitation to a Christmas Party in his loft in the Strip.
5. Even though they desperately need it, I hate the bye week.