She was blessed with genetics, you see.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last night was 34-year old nurse Heather Sneed’s first and last appearance on The Bachelor: Rome.

I watched the first half before my skeeve-o-meter shot up into the “you might hurl soon … abort show … abort show” category. I couldn’t bear to watch another minute of the women fighting for the “Prince’s” attention without the comfort of being able to Tivo through the stupid parts (hello, you perky girl who made the prince hug a tree with you. Oy.) That and Horatio Caine was calling me over to KDKA.

I did get to see Heather at the beginning of her drunken evening, when she was screaming and stuff.

I have also read what the commenters are saying about her on TWOP:

1. She looks like Dyan Cannon they say.

2. Some think she looks like Nicole Richie.

3. Several others equate her to Farrah Fawcett’s infamous appearance on David Letterman.

Like the Farrah Fawcett wannabe who made a drunken fool of herself.

4. Some just equate her with being “old”, which is scary because I’m thirty-freakin’-two:

Yet once again, we get the crrrraaaazy ‘older’ woman (Heather, aka Dyan Cannon) and only one other woman who is–gasp!–over 30!!! What gives, ABC?!

5. Others just call her:

Drunk Heather was just embarrassing.

6. One aptly named “PittsburghDiva” wrote:

I nearly spit out my drink when I saw Heather the Drunken Nurse (Nurse Wratched? Nurse Smash-ed?) was from Aliquippa, PA, near my neck of the woods. Oy.

7. And some are just awesome snarky bitches:

And Heather, the resident “old” chick, was blessed with genetics? Um, aren’t we all blessed with genetics?

8. Another site wrote:

And, now for the crazy drunk – Heather, a nurse from PA. She was one of the older women, obviously educated and yet, lacked the ability (?) to not get drunk while she was there. So, instead, she chuckles about cheeseburgers with the prince because she cannot hold a serious conversation with him. I guess her genetics didn’t bless her with the gift of intelligent conversation.

9. And TV Guide itself:

Heather, who said she didn’t want to sound conceited but was “blessed with genetics,” had a bit too much to drink and her one-on-one time with Lorenzo was so awkward he ended up asking her about cheeseburgers. Not too surprising that she didn’t get a rose.

I realize that Heather’s friends read this blog, and are coming to her defense saying that she was pumped with alcohol and edited to appear the way she did and that she is a great person.

I am not going to even argue that she is a great person, because I don’t know her personally and if she’s got friends willing to stand up for her, then she can’t be all bad. I also won’t argue that reality TV producers sure know how to edit stuff for their own purposes.

That said, I don’t believe she was force fed alcohol under threat. She did make a choice to drink and she did get herself drunk and please, let’s be honest, she did kind of make a fool out of herself on national television. I imagine she’s kind of embarrased about it all. She can take comfort in the fact that in about three days time, no one will even remember her.

She can’t expect to go on a reality show, declare herself beautiful, get drunk, start screaming, and get branded the crazy drunk nurse by the entire Internet and not expect the Burgh Blog to bring the snark out.

1. Ruby Vroom
    October 3, 2006 10:02 am

Wow, I was so ready to snark my way through this season’s Bachelor, but that shit last night was just painful! Could that guy be any more awkward? If he nervously glanced into the camera one more time, I was going to have to shrivel into my couch pillows and never show my face again. It was that embarassing to me. He was about as suave as Pee Wee’s movie debut at the end of Pee Wee’s Big Adventure. (“Paging Mr. Herman…”) Sadly, I didn’t hang in long enough to see Drunk Girl. I had to switch to Studio 60 before I died of shame.

2. L
    October 3, 2006 10:15 am

Oh, and how about that girl singing opera to him? I just about DIED. Empathetic embarassment? My least favorite emotion.

And bee-ess he is NOT an Italian prince. Most of those chicks spoke better Italian than he did. He just looks sort of dim and I find his hair somewhat icky.

3. cityworker
    October 3, 2006 1:21 pm

I am glad my wife never got into this show. I don’t think I could handle it.

4. jenna
    October 8, 2006 7:19 pm

yep…..i agree, he was a geek. the girls for the most part, were pretty. but, i do agree about heather as well-she did get drunk on national tv. however, i thought it was very funny and entertaining. i also know a few people that know her and, knowing them, she was being herself. that group of people are very free-spirited, happy go lucky, indifferent about what others think of them. they pretty much work hard, and play hard. i’m sure the producers honed in on that characteristic. i would venture to say that she was going there open-minded and “uninhibited” as the beaver county times put it today. but, as far as i know, she is a very skilled/competent nurse and is in graduate school to become a nurse practitioner. i also know that most of the girls were drunk that night and they pretty much just chose who they wanted for what ‘role’ they wanted to portray. i think she just stepped up to the plate!! heather would never be comfortable as a princess….that would mean she would have to give up dropping f-bombs!! haha!!

5. pittgirl
    October 9, 2006 8:16 am

See, it IS possible to defend someone and do it with class without resorting to name calling. Thanks for the other side of the coin.

6. heather
    October 9, 2006 9:59 am

Hi all!!

Thanks for both the tasteful and distateful comments. I just wanted to say that this blog is great!! I’ve enjoyed reading the comments posted here. At the same time, some of them are a little unsettling…much like my performance??? lol…. However, I do realize that Pittgirl is correct in saying that I willingly exposed myself to scrutiny and criticism. So, yes….I will accept my punishment!! lol…..I also want Pittsburgh to know, that these reality shows are in fact ‘TV SHOWS ‘. Those of you who can understand…know what I mean. That said, you must make a choice going into it. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity/experience and I would do it again. As Pittgirl mentioned, I will take comfort in the fact that the three days she mentioned regarding my being forgotten is long over. To those who know me….thank you for the support.

Heather

7. heather
    October 9, 2006 11:15 am

Oh and yes…….as I told the WDVE morning show…they agreed that had I told America I was blessed with good “genitalia” rather than “genetics”, my chances of getting a rose would’ve been much greater!! lol…however, I guess I just felt compelled to somehow compliment my wonderful parents!!

Heather