Statement from the publicist of Sienna Miller

“I want to apologize for my comments which seem to have been misconstrued and taken out of context.  I was referring to the fact that we are shooting almost all night shoots on this film and none of us have had an opportunity to fully explore the city. What I have seen of it is beautiful. I came once before to visit the Andy Warhol museum whilst researching a film and found both the city and its inhabitants warm and gracious. My father is from Meadville and is in town to show me round this weekend. I sincerely apologize and hope people realize that conversations can be easily manipulated in print.”

1.  “Whilst”?  Who talks like that?

2.  Her family is from MEADVILLE?

3.  I don’t believe for one second you can misconstrue “shitsburgh” and asking a reporter if she’ll pity you when you’re stuck in Pittsburgh.

Oy.

Okay, PROMISE, no more Sienna posts today.

1. Awesome Comet
    October 6, 2006 3:05 pm

From whence was thy source on this quoterry?

2. pittgirl
    October 6, 2006 3:16 pm

MSNBC

3. ~mandakay
    October 6, 2006 3:44 pm

i bet the pigeons located her. i’d retract my statements too in that case.

but come on, even if you don’t like a place don’t you ALWAYS tell the media that you do? i mean isn’t that how you win the public’s affection? or is jude law the only way to do that?

4. cityworker
    October 6, 2006 3:48 pm

I just think this is the funniest story. And you know what, if you are going to sit there and say this City sucks then have some balls and stick by it. Or atleast be honest and say I was coked up when I did that interview so I was probably not in the best state of mind. Don’t say you were taken out of context. That is just BS!!!!!

5. Pingback: Chronicles » Sienna Miller, Pittsburgh, and Wikipedia

6. Chris
    October 6, 2006 3:57 pm

Wow, so this bag of ass insults the town, and then hides behind her publicist and insults our intelligence? Jesus, just hurry up and make the movie so I won’t go to it. I hope it flops like Ben Affleck’s career.

This isn’t the first time a movie has taken place in Pittsburgh. Anyone remember Bruce Willis and Sarah Jessica Parker in Striking Distance? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108238/ Not that the movie was a deciding turning point in their careers, but I’d say neither suffered from their roles or the fact that it was shot in le burgh.

7. Maria
    October 6, 2006 4:35 pm

Pittsburgh Riddle

Q. What’s tall, blond, and bony; and only claim to fame is a celebrity boyfriend who slept with the nanny?

A. Who gives a shit?

8. Scott
    October 6, 2006 6:06 pm

She’s trash. Oops – please don’t misconstrue that – I mean it in the nicest way possible.

Never mind. No I don’t.

Scott

9. PittCheMBA
    October 6, 2006 6:57 pm

You don’t have to wonder why Jude Law did it with the Nanny.

10. PittCheMBA
    October 6, 2006 7:10 pm

Does anyone remember the Alfred Hitchcock movie “The Birds”? Maybe our famous Pittsburgh Pigeons could greet her!

11. Matt Y
    October 6, 2006 8:05 pm

I hope the incline rolls over her. Little you-know-what.
    How fair is that? Come to our town to film a movie– you’re essentially making money off of the town, right? It is called Mysteries of Pittsburgh? And you’re going to insult it? Smart.

Also, I hope she gets amoebic disentery from the Alcosan-sourced water in “shitsburgh.”

12. yinzeration.com
    October 7, 2006 11:08 am

She needs to go home to where she feels more comfortable. Bitchburgh.

13. Awesome Comet
    October 7, 2006 1:48 pm

You know, now that its all said and done … I’m ASTOUNDED that I’ve yet to hear “Shitsburgh” from somebody from Cleveland, Cincinnatti, or Philadelphia.

14. dan
    October 7, 2006 2:30 pm

As much as I love this city, I have to say we’re coming off like provincial idiots with nothing better to do.

As Rolling Stone says on its website, maybe Sienna was right, as we’ve become obsessed with a meaningless quote by a tired, frustrated actress who’s stuck away from her usual (let’s face it) more exciting environs.

The mean, nasty, defensive comments are mortifying. Just check out the Rolling Stone website. And even a couple here!

You hope the incline rolls over her? Classy!

15. dukey11
    October 8, 2006 11:30 pm

Do we have anything better to do??
    I don’t…
    So. Sienna Miller, you’re shittastic.

16. gretchen
    October 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Dan’s oct 7th said it best. seriously, come on already. and you’ve got to feel sorry for the little lady, i mean living that life of constant denial… she’ll never even taste a perogy –talk about karma.
    (did i spell perogy right?)

17. web design
    January 12, 2007 11:30 pm

However, after an angry reaction from the proud residents of the city, Miller has fired off a hasty damage-limitation statement through her publicist claiming she had only been filming at night, so hasn’t had a chance to fully explore the city.

18. Leo
    February 10, 2007 1:43 am

I dont know but why i don find such informative and profitable blogs so often,I suspect blogging world is becoming so small that we cant find such lucrative blogs like this one.I just wish u make more this type blogs and I get more information on this type blogs

19. penis enlargement
    June 22, 2007 5:16 am

Nice blog and I liked the comments tooo… Little bit spam but its ok. Keep up your good work.

20. hairy
    March 3, 2008 2:13 am

ya rite but some times its not work yaar. Give me some more info