WTF, you idiots!?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Holy shit and every other curse word PittGirl uses on the blog and in her head!

In an attempt to address the cause of that horrific accident in April when a truck driver didn’t properly secure an industrial wood chipper that flew off and struck a van, killing a father and two of his triplets, Stephen Zappala’s office ordered on the spot inspections of commercial trucks.

They stopped 66 commercial trucks yesterday and guess how many had violations?

Sixty. Six.

All of em!

The article details these particular ones:

• 25 didn’t have their loads secured properly
  • 2 didn’t have safety chains
  • 2 were driving with suspended licenses
  • 4 for inspection violations
  • 4 for misc. code issues
  • 2 people were arrested for having outstanding warrants

Stupid truck drivers and truck owners of the Burgh … listen up here.

l was once behind a pickup truck that spit out a garbage can that due to my kickass driving skills, didn’t go through my windshield and instead just dented my door. Those bastards didn’t even stop. Just kept on driving and left their garbage can in the road.

PittGirl does not want to be driving behind a truck carrying a massive piece of equipment that I can’t even identify but if I had to guess I would say had something to do with reaching the center of the Earth, and then have that equipment break away and land on top of my SUV, squashing me flatter than Paris Hilton’s chest.

There are several ways that I am willing to die, and getting squashed flat by an errant piece of industrial machinery that you didn’t take the three minutes to tie down is NOT one of them.

Secure your shit. God.

1. cityworker
    October 12, 2006 9:38 am

It was ingenious how you went from securing down cargo to paris hilton and back. i always like driving behind the trucks that have big pieces of lumber on it. yeah, fun!!!

2. jl
    October 12, 2006 11:27 am

As if driving on the turnpike wasn’t already harrowing enough; suddenly my irrational worries about improperly secured logs/pipes/pre-fab houses/etc flying off of trucks and into my tiny little car are grounded in cold, hard facts. Save me.

3. honda driver
    October 12, 2006 1:10 pm

ahh yes. reminds me of the time i pulled up to a stop light in my little honda and a truck with extension ladders on top pulled in behind me…only to have their unsecured ladders come off their truck and fly/scrape across the roof of my car. better that than having them come through my back window.

4. Anthony
    October 12, 2006 1:11 pm

More importantly, what’s up with Zappala’s country music hair?

5. pittgirl
    October 12, 2006 2:12 pm

I just now noticed his hair over the color of his shirt. How very Toby Keith of him.

6. Pickle Sniffer
    October 12, 2006 3:03 pm

He does have nice hair though — dontcha think? Much better than the normal “parted on the side” look of his legal brethren!

7. miXi
    October 15, 2006 12:31 pm

Oh great. I’ve never been too afraid of commercial trucks, figuring they had regulations to adhere to or something (how naive of me). It was always the private individual hauling some load in his pickup that scared the bejebus out of me. Now I guess I’ll be afraid of all trucks on the road. All the more reason for me to pass them at 80 mph.