This is news.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, there are quite a few interesting pictures paired with this MSNBC news story.

If I were to try to make this post Burghy, I would tell you about the time my “friend” invited me to one of these things at her upscale brand new $350,000 house, only it was called something like “Coming Soon” or “Coming Attractions” or “Coming” something. You get the idea.

If I were to then try to rate the uncomfortableness factor on a scale of one to ten, of sitting in a room with a group of my friends and family friends and having my mother’s best friend, a woman that used to babysit me, a woman of 58 years of age lean over to me, point to a catalogue and ask me if she should get THIS vibrator or THIS vibrator, I would tell you that the number would be approximately five hundred bajillion million.

1. yinzernation.com
    October 16, 2006 11:48 am

What the hell is that girl doing over the subject’s right shoulder? That thing is about to either go up her nose or in her mouth. Either way, it looks like she could use an owner’s manual for her purchase.

2. notayinzer
    October 16, 2006 12:01 pm

Can women stop forcing the their friends and family to come to their house and buy stuff? I don’t care if its candles or kitchen gadgetry or vibrators, why do women feel the need to have a party and make their loved ones buy overpriced versions of crap they could buy anywhere…so the “hostess” gets a free soap dish.

I would like to have a party at my house and just tell my friends to make the check out to me and cut out the middle man. That’s Notayinzer, with one Z.

Although, props for directing us to these hilarious photos…i’m making this one my screensaver.

3. theBurgher
    October 16, 2006 1:31 pm

I’m totally in agreement with notayinzer on this. Ms. Burgher keeps getting invited to parties from ladies at work were they want to sell candies, candles, purses, etc. There are never any good deals and just an uncomfortable pressure to buy something to be polite.

Whatever happened to just inviting someone over?

4. pittgirl
    October 16, 2006 2:36 pm

I agree to it all: I’m a champion at getting out with spending the minimal money:

Pampered Chef: Wooden spoons, 12 dollars.
    Coming Something: Body lotion and body powder: 15 dollars
    Candle Crap: 1 candle, 5 dollars
    Ugly Ugly Makeup: 1 nasty ass silvery lipstick I’ll never wear, 8 dollars.

5. d.d.
    October 16, 2006 2:46 pm

Yinzernation, I think the girl in the background is aiming for her nose with the object. Clearly, some people need to attend sex toy parties purely for the educational aspect- of all the possible places that object is supposed to go, I highly doubt the nose is one of them.

6. Zsa
    October 16, 2006 4:43 pm

I’m sorry, but the lingerie parties and this just make me go yuck.

I’m no prude, but I think that kind of thing is private between you and your partner – even if your partner is you. It makes it seem completely UNsexy, and there’s nothing I want to know less than what color dildo my friends are sticking into this orifice or that.

7. angel
    October 16, 2006 5:03 pm

these parties are HUGE here in DC. All the ladies host them and they are very popular to attend, some even with couples. It saves the so-called embarrassment of having to go to some store. I’d never buy make up or candles this way, but there is a nice perk to buying the toys at a party like this. Once again, Pittsburgh is 10 years behind the hot trends.

8. Maria
    October 16, 2006 5:31 pm

“It saves the so-called embarrassment of having to go to some store.”

It’s too bad you can’t just buy stuff like this on the internet.

/snark

9. notayinzer
    October 16, 2006 6:52 pm

“It’s too bad you can’t just buy stuff like this on the internet.”

…wait there’s an internet? in Pittsburgh?

10. pittgirl
    October 16, 2006 7:45 pm

Yeah, what would we know about the internet? We’re ten years behind, right?

11. Lino Gunn
    October 16, 2006 8:02 pm

Damn, all this time I thought it was the interweb, no wonder I can’t find the place to buy my.. er never mind.

12. yinzernation.com
    October 16, 2006 9:24 pm

We’re not 10 years behind on this trend. We just chose to ignore it. We don’t need no stinkin’ toys and we sure as hell don’t need to be shopping for them with Stush & Nunny dahn the street.