Reason eleventy-billion and two why I love Wendy Bell

Even though she and Heather Sneed (hiya, Heather) have a little argument going on, my Wendy love stays strong.

Her latest blog entry is a Q&A that seemingly Demetrius “It’s going to be 93 degrees tomorrow or it might snow” Ivory had some part in.

Some things about Wendy we didn’t already know:

1.  She has a tattoo that she is currently having lasered off.

2.  She was once on the Dating Game.

3.  She was once bitten in the boob by an opposum on live TV.

4.  She’s got snark to spare:

8. Why is the Weather Watch Blog so cool?
WB: Because people wonder why meteorologists are always wrong.
HA HA HA HA HA HAH A HAH A H
(Come on, you know that was funny.)

17. When is the last time you googled yourself?
WB: Okay. You already asked this. When was the last time you proof-read?

5.  She’s got very odd music tastes:  Phantom of the Opera. Linkin Park. Chariots of Fire soundtrack. Cold Play. Garth Brooks. And Big Head Todd and the Monsters.

6.  As for the Heather Sneed deal:

5. When is the last time you googled yourself?
WB: Last week. I haven’t told this story yet. You guys remember the Pittsburgh Bachelor contestant who got drunk on the show and didn’t get a rose? Well, she got all fired up at me for saying she embarassed herself on TV…so she did some research on me VIA GOOGLE and learned my husband is a doctor. She, apparently, is a nurse. So she called WDVE radio and blathered on to them about how she wants to challenge me to some form of “medical Jeopardy.” Come on. Get a life.

I’m cool with Heather and you all know how much I love Wendy, so I refuse to take sides on this one, unless David Conrad takes a side … then you know where to find me.

1. L
    October 17, 2006 12:14 pm

This was an AWESOME blog entry. I also love the fact that Demetrius Ivory uses the term “dime” (“We’ll have none of that here and there is too much risk in sending a dime a Bud Light.”) I laughed and laughed. We need to start a fanclub. I wonder how much longer WTAE will let her write it.

Oh oh oh oh! It’s not just a tattoo, it’s a Grateful Dead dancing bear tattoo! Oh, Wendy, you scamp.

2. Heidi
    October 17, 2006 1:05 pm

What did Demetrius do that she needed to set him straight?

So Wendy likes all of her co-workers, wonder how many of them would say they like her?

3. cityworker
    October 17, 2006 3:41 pm

after reading that blog entry i am starting to love wendy bell too. she has the exact same music taste as me!

4. Lino Gunn
    October 17, 2006 10:13 pm

Dancing bear eh!
    I got some ‘shrooms Wendy, yinz want some ?
    What ? Jerry’s dead ?

5. Heather
    October 19, 2006 10:14 am

Okay, now you know I can’t let this comment by Wendy go without a comeback!! RIGHT??

Now Wendy, you have far too much time on your hands to be spending your spare time commenting on me!! It’s truly a sad thing…I’ve found that most of the other girls on “The Bachelor” have had full support from their cities. Not the case with me. I know, you can say something like “Heather was soooo drunk, she made a fool of herself and misrepresented the city!!” Yes, you could say that, IF you chose to believe in reality TV and everything you see. I will repeat…it was a once in a lifetime experience and if given the opportunity, I would do it again. I have learned a great deal about myself, AND…… the OZ behind the curtain in Hollywood!!

Wendy was once on a game show?? Case in point!! IT WAS A GAMESHOW!! I will only say this…it would be EXTREMELY difficult to have a reality show without having some type of planning/direction. GET IT?? lol…To give explicit details is not permitted, nor do I believe any fellow Pittsburgher would even be interested to hear at this point.

The point is that I am a Pittsburgh native and I love all that the city has to offer. It truly has been good to me. My wonderful family members are all Pittsburgh natives. It has provided me with a group of dear friends that I wouldn’t trade for the world. It has given an amazing and rewarding career as a critical care nurse. It has afforded me a top notch graduate education in nursing that would be very difficult to find elsewhere!! My fondest memories have all been furnished to me by this city. So, that said, it’s not a huge disappointment that those comments were made by WENDY BELL….a small price to pay for what the city has given to me. Who is Wendy Bell anyway? Whoever the girl is, she seems to believe that I DO in fact have time, while I’m not in school full-time, working part-time and taking care of my mother, to spend googling her!! No Wendy, sorry to disappoint you sweetheart, I don’t. Is it possible you’re giving yourself entirely too much credit? As far as her husband goes, I only knew he was a physician because I have many friends, acquaintances, and colleagues who work within the UPMC system. It was brought to my attention that she made the comments, and that she is a newscaster. Others mentioned that she is married to a physician in the system. THAT is how it happened.

Have a good day Wendy! Let me know when you want to do the jeopardy game!!

My apologies to Pittgirl for using this forum to deliver the message.

Heather Sneed

6. Heather
    October 19, 2006 10:37 am

Ooops almost forgot!! Regarding the physician husband…

Good luck trying to keep that one faithful!!

Heather

7. AwsCom
    October 19, 2006 2:54 pm

That’s it.

Tuesday. Buckhead Saloon. We finish this.

(I’m not sure what set you off, H-Snee. You’ll be heartened to know I don’t read Wendy’s blog. But stylisticly, if you open by slamming your opponent for having “far too much time on your hands to be spending your spare time commenting on me!! It’s truly a sad thing” … then you might want to limit your diatribe to 5,00 words, or the length of your average Atlantic Monthly article.)

(It makes you seem … I don’t know … like you might be drunk.)

8. Heather Sneed
    October 19, 2006 6:15 pm

Oh! Hi, Wendy!! Nice to finally hear from you. Sorry if I offended you with the comment about your physician husband!! Sad…but true. Let me fill ya in on a little secret… most, if not ALL of them eventually get bored and cheat with the cutie 21 year old nurse!! It kinda gives their suffering ego’s a little charge!! Maybe that’s why you’re in such a bad mood & projecting your hate onto nurses?

Nope, sorry to disappoint you, but I rarely drink! Yet another good rationale for my drunken stupor? Oh yeah, my claim was not to be a grammar/spelling/English expert….never been a strength of mine, however, will be happy to oblige with any jeopardy category!! We can even leave out the medical topics, k? The Buckhead Saloon will be fine. I’ll be sure to get nice and toasted for ya!! Wouldn’t want to disappoint your pretty little perfect self!! Wait, I’ll be back…gotta go slam a fifth of JD!

H-Snee (lol…now THAT was gay!!)

9. Awesome Comet
    October 20, 2006 3:04 pm

10. Stephanie
    January 16, 2007 1:48 pm

Hmmm… Miss Heather,
    Maybe if you weren’t so drunk all the time you would have realized how jealous you sound in your latest postings. News flash, you sound like “the fat kid” that just stayed home last night learning long division (pounding marshmallows) only to try to impress the kids on the playground today. Just the fact that you call yourself a “cutie” makes you a sow. Grow up. Wendy stay proud!

11. heather
    February 10, 2007 3:31 pm

again…….Hiiiii Wendy!!

Ah… I think that is now your alias # 1,000,000,000,000

lol

12. heather
    February 10, 2007 3:37 pm

Oh, and as far as my alleged jealousy of Wendy…….ah, I think not. I’m much happier with my feminine appearance…drunk or sober!! lol….

No thanks…….wouldn’t care much to resemble Wendy and her “man in drag” appearance!! I’ll pass on that one, k?

Thanks!!

OOPS, gatta run and chug another beer or I may just start to withdrawl!! lol

H

13. heather
    February 10, 2007 3:52 pm

Okay, I’m on a role now…….lol….I promise Pittgirl..last one, but, I just thought I’d mention that regardless of my mental state….drunk or sober…lol..(because according to “stephanie” or aka…Wendy, or a wendy friend, family member…etc…I cannot stay sober for 5 minutes…ah, okay sure…I guess that would be why I’ve maintained a 4.0 in graduate school at Pitt, all the while working as an RN…ah, yeah okay) I can say this…..in terms of respect and integrity, my patients/co-workers/colleagues/faculty/and fellow classmates would speak VERY highly of my overall character and work ethic. From what I have been hearing from very reputable sources…I cannot say the same for Wendy!!

Nite, nite!!