Freak!

Whoa!

Some dude in Westmoreland County found a worm that looks like somebody threw their GloWorm in the drier and shrunk it to the size of a penny.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If I saw this thing on a leaf, I would be torn between picking it up, scritching its nose and saying, “Who’s a cutie pie? Who’s a cutie pie? You are! Yes you are a cutie pie!” or screaming “You product of Satan!” and then violently killing it with a bat. Might be overkill, but seriously, I don’t want these things reproducing because: Not a normal worm.

1. Heather Sneed
    October 20, 2006 4:41 pm

LMAO @ “GloWorm”

Haha!! The thing is entirely too darn cute!! Knowing me and how much I love all animals & creatures, if I found him I would probably try to breed him!! I need to forward this link to my brother……he slept with GloWorm up to his 12th birthday!! lol…..Sorry Matt, couldn’t resist!

Heather

2. Pickle Sniffer
    October 20, 2006 5:20 pm

Um…that caterpiller is not real at all. I can’t believe that you actually posted this one PittGirl! C’mon now!

If you watch the whole video, you can see that some nimrod has actually put a fake head on a real caterpillar. Those folks in Westmoreland County need to get a life and do more important things with their time.

I will say, however, that this story truly solidifies WPXI’s standing at the National Enquirer of news in Pittsburgh.

3. mudbugs
    October 20, 2006 7:15 pm

As a citizen of Westmoreland County, I can assure you that we are not smart enough to photoshop this. Random chance seems to have operated in our favor. We will be famous.

4. Mark Denovich
    October 20, 2006 11:55 pm

It’s probably an Easter Tiger Swallowtail (Pterourus glaucus)… really common.

(My wife is a currently unemployed entymologist)

5. Pickle Sniffer
    October 21, 2006 12:54 am

Mark — Nope….doesn’t look like that one at all. See for yourself!

6. kogerfriend
    October 21, 2006 7:38 am

OFF TOPIC BUT IMPORTANT. . .

On April 17, 2006, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette editorial board decided: “It’s time for an unapologetic Preston to go!”

On October 13, 2006, Joe Preston continued to demonstrate a lack of remorse telling the editorial board that he, in fact, will not return the pay raise.

It’s this simple: Mr. Preston is one of the lone symbols of this controversy who still believes a nod-nod, wink-wink from the Governor, local political leaders and the media can protect him from any further public ridicule.

In short, Mr. Preston has recently demonstrated unprecedented arrogance suggesting an attitude and confidence that are embarrassing.

Todd Elliott Koger For State Representative District 24