And …………….. DRINK!

Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said the South Shore project and others are “prime examples of how we can move Pittsburgh forward,” not only in providing residents amenities but in helping to attract people to the city.

This is REALLY getting ridiculous.  We’re all going to be drunk 24/7 if this keeps up.

1. Chris
    October 30, 2006 10:13 am

Did anyone else hear the car commercial(I believe it was Toyota) with the slogan “Moving Forward” during the Stillers game yesterday? I’m looking forward to the new PG headline: “Pittsburgh’s future a trademark violation. City forced to shift to neutral or at least a slight slant.”

hmmm…

Focus: What slogans could we come up with if the Mayor was forced to change his current description of momentum?

2. pittgirl
    October 30, 2006 10:19 am

I noticed that commercial too. The state slogan is taken from a car manufacturer as well, “The State of Independence” is Saab’s slogan.

3. Maria
    October 30, 2006 10:30 am

He just cribbed it off of Ed Rendell. His campaign bus has: “Moving Pennsylvania Forward Ed Rendell” in HUGE letters on the sides.

4. spoon
    October 30, 2006 10:31 am

“We’re all going to be drunk 24/7 if this keeps up”

As if most arent now… :)

5. PtBreeze
    October 30, 2006 11:14 am

Maybe the plan is actually to move FORWARD, as in Forward Township. Let’s kick their asses into Westmoreland County. Then Lukey could start talking about moving Elizabeth.

6. Ruby Vroom
    October 30, 2006 11:56 am

I think Lukey is just trying to move us up from being the 8th Drunkest City. With this new drinking game and his dedication to the slogan, we could be #1 with a bullet next year!

7. north sider
    October 30, 2006 10:46 pm

This may be old news and someone could have posted on it already. Luke Ravenstahl is on the front cover of the November issue of WHIRL (looking pretty good by the way!). I cracked up when I turned to the article on him titled “MOVING FORWARD”. It’s everywhere!

And Pittgirl – I can’t tell you how much I look forward to your posts, it’s a highlight of my day!