What they’re really thinking: Election Edition

Election day is over.

There are lots of tears for some and lots of smiles for others.

For Jason Altmire, who defeated Melissa “Longest Neck in the World” Hart, there is lots of Jesus posing:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Is that not just the oddest celebration pose you’ve ever seen in your life? I’m actually a bit uncomfortable looking at it. It’s not like he was named Supreme Being Over All the Earth or anything. Chill, dude.

As for Melissa, in addition to holding her neck steady all night, she had the misfortune of losing her seat.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You all know I love me some Lynn Swann, so I was sad he lost to Ed “You got any danish on you?” Rendell. I did think that Lynn was gracious in defeat.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This also marked the first election with those newfangled electronic voting machines, which I’m pretty sure some old timers thought were the first slots machines to hit the city.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1. jimmy
    November 8, 2006 10:45 am

hey, is that monica lewinsky kneeling in front of altmire?!

2. notayinzer
    November 8, 2006 11:21 am

I can’t imagine how you refrained from posting the pic of the Santorum kid (dressed as Holly Hobbie with matching doll) crying from the PG…that’s my new screensaver…

3. Patrick
    November 8, 2006 11:37 am

“Let my people go… to Gibsonia!”

4. Rob
    November 8, 2006 11:41 am

Never did Santorum impress me as much as he did during his concession speech. Never did Melissa Hart disgust me as much as she did during her concession speech. She must have watched Santorum, saw what he did, and thus should have known to follow his example.

And, despite being a Democrat, I hope Lynn Swann wins sometime soon. Mayor of Pittsburgh comes to mind — some place where he can learn before having to take on a whole frackin’ state. As Rendell said about Swann, every Pennsylvania politician has to lose at least once.

Rendell, in victory, appeared as gracious as Santorum did in defeat. Casey…gosh, was he boring. The Channel 11 camera cut away, saving many lives.

5. Clarion
    November 8, 2006 11:45 am

“I believe I can fly! I believe I can touch the sky!”

6. Clarion
    November 8, 2006 11:47 am

PS is it just me or does melissa hart look disturbingly like bill cowher in the second picture. no wonder she lost.

7. L
    November 8, 2006 11:50 am

“Never did Melissa Hart disgust me as much as she did during her concession speech.”

Fill a girl in–what did Horseface do?

8. theburgher
    November 8, 2006 11:56 am

“And, despite being a Democrat, I hope Lynn Swann wins sometime soon. Mayor of Pittsburgh comes to mind …”

Well it is tough to run for Mayor of Pittsburgh when you live in Sewickley. It’s too late for Swann anyway, Pittsburgh alreaduy has an unqualified mayor.

And in defense of Missy, Santorum has been working on that speech for 9 months.

9. spoon
    November 8, 2006 12:31 pm

Melissa didn’t want to win. Casey wont let her blow him the way ricky did.

Santorum and hart out made me happy. Chain smoke smelling used car salesman Rendell winning didn’t. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

10. cranberrytwp
    November 8, 2006 2:34 pm

Shhhh…quiet everyone, I think I won!

11. Awesome Comet
    November 8, 2006 4:21 pm

With a senate delegation of Arlen Specter and Bob Casey, Pennsylvania voters demonstrate that they prefer candidates with the personality, and ideological fervor, of pete moss.

12. After Further Review
    November 8, 2006 4:43 pm

Altmire looks like a quarterback trying to hush the crowd.

13. Pickle Sniffer
    November 8, 2006 5:10 pm

Ok, ok…the election is over now. PittGirl — Why haven’t you posted anything about anything about today’s “Brewed On Grant”?

14. pittgirl
    November 8, 2006 6:36 pm

Ah Pickle Sniffer … it’s coming tomorrow. :) You all must read the paper as much as me to have caught that.

15. Matt H
    November 8, 2006 6:53 pm

Shes so ugly!

16. Ed Heath
    November 8, 2006 9:31 pm

Hmm, I never noticed the Cowher resemblance before. Melissa Hart, love child of Bill Cowher and Elsie Hillman…

Mayor of Sewickley is an elected office, isn’t it? It would be bad, though, if visitors to the mayor’s office kept handing Swann their coats…and a dollar…

17. kelly green
    November 8, 2006 9:46 pm

Santorum out, that makes me sad. Veon out, that puts a smile on my face!!!! Don’t worry, Rick did not win this as he is meant for bigger and better things.
    Wake me up when Casey is done. He puts me right to sleep.

18. Erin
    November 9, 2006 10:03 am

1) I seriously doubt Melissa Hart is blowing anybody.
    2) I enjoy the presence of the “Toppings Station” in the background of Altmire’s Jesus pose.

19. Aws Com
    November 9, 2006 1:19 pm

Actually, I think its more of a Highlander pose, post-vanquishing that is.

20. Miranda
    June 6, 2007 9:14 pm

Wow, that was a moment! The nickname that you gave Melissa cracked me up. I just wanted to say that some of the pictures with quotes were so funny. My favorite one was “I simply cannot hold my enormous neck up another minute”. HAHAHAHA!