That Catherine Baker Knoll is one hilarious bitch.

I’ve heard a lot said about casinos, especially about how they suck dry the wallets of those that visit them, turn otherwise healthy individuals into gambling fools, encourage drinking, etc. etc. etc. But boy did Catherine Baker Knoll say something I’ve NEVER heard said publicly about casinos:

“People’s lives will be better.”

Heh. Awesome.

Taken out of context? Totally. Totally still awesome, too.

1. gunpowder
    November 14, 2006 9:38 pm

To think she is one heart-beat away from being Governor. I didn’t vote for fast Eddie — but now I wish him nothing but the best of health!

2. Lino Gunn
    November 14, 2006 10:35 pm

Yeah, life will be better…….if you own the casino or are connected in Harrisburg.

3. Clive
    November 15, 2006 8:48 am

Not sure about better, but power to the people to decide for themselves! God save the governor!

4. Matt H
    November 15, 2006 9:31 am

There is a reason the Governor kept her away from the media during the campaign!

5. ethan
    November 15, 2006 9:33 am

did you see all of the Scranton Wilkes-Barre senior citizens lined up at the slot machines dropping their retirement ca$h at the Mohegan Sun?! wooHOO, i smell a grammy and grampa bail-out tax in the works…

i wonder of canned cat food has more nutrition than dry?

6. Awesome Comet
    November 15, 2006 11:06 am

Word on the street (that I suddenly heard) is that Lynn Swann thought the casinos were stupid and were against them. If I had known that … shit … I might have given him a second (first) look.

7. jack
    November 15, 2006 1:14 pm

Yup, those senior citizens who could barely stand up were lined up early to get in there to throw away their Social Security money. Yeah, I too smell another tax down the road to help bail out the idiots who will suffer from this new disease. Hmmmm, maybe another $.10 increase in the gas tax perhaps? God help Pennsylvania!