The Burgh Blog is the new US Weekly

David Conrad has been fortunate to escape the constant hounding of the paparazzi in Hollywood. You never see his name in the tabs, nor do you see him coming out of Hyde drunk off his ass with Paris Hilton hanging off of his arm, nor do you see the media constantly linking him to every woman he is seen with.

Until now. Now he’s got PittGirl to do that for him … at least the linking thing.

David was in town last week to attend the Ballet’s fundraiser at the Omni. (No, you guys, he STILL has not acknowledged my existence and continues to pretend that we aren’t going to be best friends. Futile, futile efforts.)

David, according to SEEN, attended the function with some chick named Sara Radelet. This is the first time in recent times that I can recall David attending a local event with a date.

Sara Radelet is NOT a Hollywood celebrity, so David is making good on his vow to find a Burgh woman. She is the Executive Director of the Hazlett Theater and a member of some band called the “Pain Dogs”.

Here she is at a local event. She’s on the left:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My first thought, and I’m not going to lie, I am a shallow bitch because I thought … “Fug!”

Don’t hate me David.

Then i saw this picture (again on the left):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and I thought … not so fug. Not so bad at all.  Fresh faced.
So an attractive 35 year old woman, who is smart, and plays in a punk rock band (another photo here)? I can see where David finds her attractive or at the very least a date that is easy to make intelligent conversation with.

However, as his future best friend … he should really clear his dates with me before he is seen in public with them.

1. cityworker
    November 15, 2006 3:48 pm

i dunno, if this is supposed to be some totally hot guy then he should be with some totally hot girl.

2. Anthony
    November 15, 2006 3:54 pm

In a previous life, she was a friend of a “friend” of mine and I saw her play at the 31st St. Pub a few times. She was pretty cool, actually.

3. Tep
    November 15, 2006 4:40 pm

Where can I get a necklace of clear orbs?

4. pittgirl
    November 15, 2006 6:43 pm

That necklace is truly fug and I never noticed it until you said it.

And yes, cityworker, David Conrad is truly hot and should have someone as equally hot. Hell, he makes out with Jennifer Love Hewitt for a living.

5. Amy
    November 15, 2006 11:57 pm

Sara is actually as sweet as they come. We used to put together band bills at Club Cafe and the Warhol. Fear not Pittgirl, she is probably just one of David’s theater pals…he does give $$$ to burgh arts causes

6. Bob
    November 16, 2006 9:08 am

Speaking as a representative of Fug Americans everywhere — she’s not one of us. In fact, I think she’s pretty darn snappy.

7. Pickle Sniffer
    November 16, 2006 10:06 am

My daughter found that same necklace in a 25 cent machine in front of the Wilmerding Wal-Mart.

8. Denise
    November 16, 2006 11:11 am

Well, she is certainly not my choice for David (because I want it to be me!) But I am a San Diego girl, so I can’t compete with the Burgh beauties…

9. Ellie
    November 21, 2006 12:59 pm

I agree with Amy about Sara maybe being a theater-going pal as I know he does give money to arts organization.

I totally agree with you that he’s SUPER attractive and seemingly intelligent and articulate, but I wonder what he’s really like one-on-one. What if you do meet him and he’s not as fabulous as you’d hoped? Ah, the beauty of lusting from afar.

10. bird
    December 4, 2006 3:12 pm

Sara is a super-cool rock-chick bass-player arts-leader community-leader kick-ass hard-working hard-playing shit-hot woman. (and she plays with two other bands now). Hope David is good enough for her…..

11. Serafim
    January 25, 2008 6:07 pm

I used to hang out with Sara back in the day, and in our circles she was considered to be one of the most beautiful women around. Who is this David Conrad cat? I’ll go Google him and check him out.