Perky meets perky … perky kills perky.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As documented by T&A, Wendy “Check it OUT!” Bell and Rachael “EVOO. EVOO. I LOVE EVOO!!!!!” Ray have done a scientific experiement to determine what happens when perky meets perky … and the results seem to suggest that perky can totally kick perky ass:

My interview with Rachel Ray was…well…fine. Read between the lines there. Guys –if your wife or girlfriend or significant other or anyone you might possibly entertain the notion of liking at some point in the future asks you how they look, never say… “fine.” Interviewing Rachel Ray was underwhelming, unfortunately. First, she surprised me by making fun of my name. Now — I can think of a million things about me to make fun of, but my name isn’t all that funny. So that was a weird introduction. Then, she was cool and aloof — until the camera came on. Then the personality we see on TV came through. That’s a shame. Don’t you expect the people you see on TV to be that way in person? And wouldn’t you feel gipped if it didn’t turn out that way? She could only manage about three minutes with us — granted, she was busy — but it was all just disappointing. I suspect we made her seem a lot better in our story than I felt that brief encounter truly proved. TV shouldn’t work that way.

Now, let’s all speculate as to what Rachael Ray called Wendy Bell when she made fun of her name? I’m going with “bitch.”

Also, since Wendy says that TV personalities should be the same off camera, does that mean she walks around saying “Check it out” and “like” and dissing on Sally Wiggin? I’ll wait for Wendy to chime in on that.

And, Wendy? Loving your hair lately, HATING your makeup.

1. sallypierre
    November 22, 2006 3:22 pm

EVOO – i have come to hate EVOO and RR. she looks likes she uses the most hydrogenated oil she can find.

it’s the oil:

2. My Brilliant Mistakes
    November 22, 2006 4:01 pm

I’m no fan of Ms. Ray, but when I hear “cool and aloof — until the camera came on,” I think “shy and insecure, but a performer.” Not at all unusual in performing arts, and probably not in television. I’d expect Ms. Bell to have run into people like that before.

Making an unfortunate joke about someone’s name? Could be nervousness too.

I can’t believe I’ve just come to the defense of Rachel Ray. I need to go rinse my mouth out with a martini.

3. Wendy Bell
    November 22, 2006 10:46 pm

Hey PG —

I didn’t make fun of Rachel’s name. She made fun of mine. It was sort of weird. Like — there’s a lot of other better stuff to pick on. Funnier stuff, you know? Whatever. She’s cute in person, but aloof. I thought the aloof part was odd considering we were an ABC affiliate there to do a story about her…promoting her…and her show. It wasn’t my story idea. I would have preferred to not go.

The hair and makeup thing on TV is the absolute worst. Especially during sweeps. We have a makeup lady who comes in to do it, but if you’re the kind of person who doesn’t normally wear a lot, you just look freakish afterwards, I think. What to do, what to do. I actually wipe a lot off but I hear it’s the lipstick that’s the worst. Check out the difference between my ho look at 5 and my subdued “wow — a lot of that crap wore off” look at 11. If that’s my biggest worry — then I’m doing all right.

Have a nice Thanksgiving,
    Wendy

4. jack
    November 23, 2006 12:23 pm

Hey, anyone else hear that RR’s hubby is cheating on her? I was in a checkout line at the Big Bird the other day and since it was a long line I decided to catch up on my important reading. Well the Enquirer had it front page!!! Our Rachael Ray’s precious Johan is doing the deed with another …. Dump him Rachael.

5. Awesome Comet
    November 24, 2006 12:34 pm

Okay, took me awhile, but I finally watched this Wendy. You see, I don’t so much have the cable, and *you can’t get channel four in pittsburgh*. Kinda stupid, huh? But I’ve lived on the East End and now I live on the North Shore, and it’s all static all the time.

Anyway. Yeah, Wen, you’re a cutie, and I can imagine that duo with Rachael would have been particularly sweet. But what IS the deal with local news and making women look like schoolmarms? It’s like they’re consciously trying to strip the sex appeal off these women with a putty knife. Haven’t they watched Fox News? Are they afraid that if a lovely young lady with simple makeup, a bit of a tan, a sleek outfit, and flowing tresses was reading the news, they’d get lynched by outraged Puritans?

God I hate to plug Fox News, but Wen honey, find Edie’s contact info and *network*.

6. STL WENDY FAN!
    November 24, 2006 2:16 pm

We shouldn’t believe everything we read in tabloid magazine’s. personally, cheating on Wendy or Rachael would NEVER cross my mind!!!

7. honda driver
    November 26, 2006 4:51 pm

this is taken from wendy’s blog on wtae’s site. did she get in trouble for writing about rachael ray? i’m a bit confused. if she didn’t care what was written about her, why did she write about it?

“Joe just called from work, a little panicky. His mother apparently called him, rather concerned that I had been blasted in one of the local papers. (Not an uncommon happening…) Joe and I don’t happen to get that particular paper, so I don’t read what this critic writes, nor do about 90 percent of my co-workers. My awesome mother-in-law, enjoying her morning coffee…ended up reading whatever bad things this donkey wrote about me and was concerned that I would get upset — or worse — really have my feelings hurt. I don’t know about you — but I think that’s too cool! Having family on your side, in both the best of times and silly crappy ones, is the best ultimate feeling in the world. I assured Joe that I didn’t care what was written, but as I sit here and tell you this, I realize I didn’t tell him…thank you. I feel very special that the people I love the most in this world support me the way I do them. Isn’t that what it’s all about, anyhow?”

8. Lynne
    November 26, 2006 7:17 pm

honda driver –

she is referring to something in the p-g by rob owens – regarding a comment she made on air re Sally Wiggin, as referenced in the Tunesmith-Anthony blog

9. jack
    November 27, 2006 10:03 am

Hey Awsome Comet – Just curious – Why is it that the North Side is called the North Shore? Why isn’t the South Side called the South Shore? I always get a laugh out of reporters on TV when they refer to reporting from the North Shore when it is, in reality, the North Side.

10. Awesome Comet
    November 27, 2006 5:54 pm

The north side runs pretty deep. I live about a three minute walk from the river so I feel justified in calling it the Shore. But yeah, basically, you got me; I’m trying to distinguish myself from indiginous northside yinzers by implying that I live upon the glittery, young professional “shore”. When in reality — and I’m not kidding — my neighborhood was on COPS last night.

11. jack
    November 27, 2006 5:55 pm

Wow, sorry I missed that episode. I am sure we could fill a full season of COPS with our Pittsburgh neighborhoods.

12. H~
    November 29, 2006 8:31 pm

I’m a HUGE, HUGE, RR fan!! Love er’!!!

…Makes sense since I’m not exactly whacha call a WB fan!!

;)

H~

13. clairgirl
    November 29, 2006 8:43 pm

Ya gotta love RR…adorable…..and doing quite well for herself …..if her hubby is cheating, he’s the loser…hope she has a pre-nup..but hey, none of us can be guaranteed that our spouses are always faithful…right, WB ???

14. H~
    November 29, 2006 9:01 pm

Oh and Wendy, almost forgot…..the make-up… not your biggest worry….

IT’S YOUR MOUTH!! It’s just as big as it looks!! Well, okay, okay…. maybe not quite as big as it looks!!

Sorry PG, gatta disagree with the WB hair comment…it is an awful mess as well.

Love,