I’m too disabled to be police chief, but damn it, I can run this city!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A bullet in the brain might have cost Dominic J. Costa his job as Pittsburgh police chief, but that hasn’t stopped him from considering a run for mayor.

Costa, who twice retired on medical disability, most recently in September, questions Mayor Luke Ravenstahl’s credentials and said he’s considering a Democratic primary challenge in May.

“Every day, people come up to me and say ‘You should run for mayor,’ ” said Costa, of Stanton Heights. “I feel humbled and flattered people in the city and in Allegheny County are urging me to run for public office.

“It would be remiss for me if I didn’t look into it.”

No. No. No no no no no!

Who are these people telling Dom Costa to run for Mayor?

With the gross amount of Costas running around this city … I’m guessing they are his relatives.

Also? I’m THIS close to starting a drinking game for every time Lukey or Dick Skrinjar, Mayor Ravenstahl’s chief of making shit up, trys to convince us that Lukey has no interest in politics:

Ravenstahl’s spokesman, Dick Skrinjar, said the mayor is “too busy being mayor to worry about politics.”

Shut UP, Dick.

Over at the Morningside Market in Morningside that Costa frequents, Vicki Moesta stopped him Tuesday, begging him to run.

“My dream would come true. I hope, I hope, I hope he runs,” Moesta said.

Ms. Moesta, if you are dreaming about Dom Costa … well … God help you. That is all.

Also, I highly recommend you click here, but first, swallow your coffee.

1. JP
    November 29, 2006 1:16 pm

Hmm. Maybe its because of the fierce political competition from the likes of Mr Costa that the mayor can just keep mayoring instead of worrying about a campaign already.

2. apolitical
    November 29, 2006 1:21 pm

Costa and the rest of the local hacks are shameless jackasses and the morons who continue to support and vote for them deserve what they get.

3. Judge Rufus Peckham
    November 29, 2006 1:22 pm

The Carbolic Smoke Ball urges Mr. Costa to enter the race since this likely would provide us a mountain of source material to manufacture simulated news.

4. Ms. Caroline
    November 29, 2006 1:40 pm

Everyone who’s glad they don’t live within the Pittsburgh city limits, raise your hand!!

5. Matt H
    November 29, 2006 1:41 pm

Mr. Costa was on KDKA radio this morning and pretty much ruled out running because of his medical condition.

He also disputed most of the article and seemed to distance himself from it.

6. jack
    November 29, 2006 3:27 pm

Please, Costa cannot tell the truth. Yes, I am glad I do not live within the City of Pittsburgh, truly grateful!
    It never ceases to amaze me how there are different rules for everyone … My father in law was a city cop several years ago. He suffered a stroke while ON THE JOB. My mother in law had to fight to get his pay and the fight took almost 7 years – even though he was ON THE JOB. Why is it that Costa got his disability within a week each time he had an ouch?
    PLEASE PEOPLE OF THE CITY OF PITTSBURGH, NO MORE COSTAS!

7. anth
    November 29, 2006 3:56 pm

RUN>>>AS>>>FAST>>>AS>>>YOU>>>CAN!!

Run to the city limits and cross over!!

Trust me you can survive outside of the “Burgh”

8. anth
    November 29, 2006 3:57 pm

Yeah I said Run as fast as you can

9. Tina
    November 29, 2006 4:37 pm

Jack,

The reason the city can afford to pay Costa his disability pension is because the city is now flush with cash from casino revenues. I mean, how else could the sock puppet afford to send Dennie Reagan on a 7-week paid vacation, keep Marla Cassidy at a $70,000/year salary (while hiring another secretary to actually do the work) until he finds her a job (Cost Cutters is hiring) and continue to maintain that other liability known as the “Chief of Making Sh*t Up” on his, I mean, our payroll?

10. Lino Gunn
    November 29, 2006 8:32 pm

If Costa is elected will we have a special day in the ‘Burgh called… what?
    Bad wig day?
    Wig alert Day ?
    Take yor wig to work day ? Come on people we have a day for everything else. We need suggestions .

11. Semper Fi
    November 29, 2006 8:37 pm

I officially cannot stop laughing about that little Tonka guy! It looks just like him! Hehehehehehe….

12. RIchmond K. Turner
    November 29, 2006 9:24 pm

This is the worst idea I’ve seen since Darlene Harris was elected to the City Council. Why do we constantly have to put the same people who caused the problems in the first place in charge of the solutions?

13. Matt H
    November 29, 2006 9:48 pm

Some of you people on here are whackos.

14. Ed Heath
    November 30, 2006 12:45 pm

I keep thinking about the dirty fork skit from Monty Python, … wasn’t there John Cleese about to cleaver someone when he clutched his head in pain? I don’t think he was the one with the war wound (“THE WOUND””THE WOUND”) though.
    Seriously, a Costa regieme could give Dick Skrinjer (Beavis – heh heh, Skrinjer) a lot of potential news confeence from the lawns of medical facilities.

15. jack
    November 30, 2006 4:03 pm

Hey, it could be called “Costa Burgh” and we could have fireworks and parades and balloons ….. and give all the city employees a week off paid!!!!!

16. RIchmond K. Turner
    November 30, 2006 7:11 pm

Or we could form a resort area known as the “Costa Del Burgh”, where the rich and famous could sun themselves along the banks of Mon while waiting for the twice-weekly police patrol to swing by and coat them with pepper spray in a grand display of excessive force.

17. Pingback: Air cheap discount flight ticket travel.