Exclusive, Breaking News from the Post-Gazette

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No WAY!? Did you know that? I didn’t know that. This is why I subscribe to the PG. Because I can count on them to bring me the breaking, exclusive news stories that matter.

What you don’t realize is that the rest of that headline is “without politics.”

Dick Skrinjar, Mayor Ravenstahl’s Chief of Making Shit Up, is the bestest communications director EVER.

1. Bob
    December 4, 2006 10:28 am

Actually, I find the headline immediately below the Lukey one to be more surprising. Not that someone was killed while walking along Route 22 in Murrysville, but that someone expected to walk along Route 22 in Murrysville WITHOUT being killed. I’d put the odds at surviving such a maneuver at no better than 50/50.

2. Judge Rufus Peckham
    December 4, 2006 11:09 am

One of the biggest headlines of the entire year is the top one about Mellon.

3. Tim
    December 4, 2006 12:26 pm

Why do taxpayers have to pay the salary of Opie’s Chief of Making Sh*t Up when it’s so obvious that Skrinjar is doing little more than campaign work on city time? He should’ve been fired after his Baghdad Bob impersonation during the former mayor’s hospitalization! Like the rest of Opie’s inner circle (which so obviously still includes Dennie Regan given that fake letter of resignation), Skrinjar is a cartoon character whose quotes belong in the Comics section, not on the front page.

4. jack
    December 4, 2006 12:42 pm

As much as I have no problem with a young mayor right now – I hope someone else can get in there so that we can get rid of these bottom feeders like Regan, Skrinjar and Cassidy and others in this inner circle. But I certainly do not want the likes of Costa getting in there.

5. Lino Gunn
    December 4, 2006 11:22 pm

I like the second headline best. Three years in the river ? In a car ? Why do we have a river rescue or whatever it’s called ? Don’t those people do anything ? Someone has to explain to me how a car can be in the river for three years, with a body inside, and not one of our astute river what ever you call them guys, thinking , Hey, what’s that car doing in the river ? Geez and crackers , come on !

6. RIchmond K. Turner
    December 5, 2006 7:09 am

Gotta admit that Dick Skrinjar picked an exceptionally bad day for this “announcement”. The story was completely buried by the Mellon/Bank of New York thing.

7. Capitolman
    December 5, 2006 4:39 pm

Mayor Opie promises the bestest prom dance Pgh High has ever seen! http://www.darnnews.com