Sometimes, Benny is okay.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hampton had dragged his big body out of his warm bed at the crack of dawn to catch an early flight to Detroit with seven other Steelers who, one by one, made their way slowly into the sanctuary, tired and aching, little more than 12 hours after they had beaten the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Heinz Field. Ike Taylor. Deshea Townsend. Clark Haggans, who was hobbling because of a bad wheel. James Farrior. Joey Porter. Charlie Batch. Ben Roethlisberger, who organized the trip and arranged for the private jet.

“We’re here for Bussie because he’d be there for each one of us,” Roethlisberger said with a look that made it clear no further explanation was necessary.

Man, he just REALLY wants me to love him doesn’t he?

Hell, even Kordell is doing his best.

1. Rusty
    December 5, 2006 11:50 am

Classy guy from a classy family – not surprised.

And he is buying his hometown a new police dog – ya gotta love him girl!

2. Deanna
    December 5, 2006 1:17 pm

Come on Pittgirl, how can you not love a guy who does such thoughtful and respectful things! :)

Seriously, it was a wonderful gesture on Ben’s part.

3. Erin
    December 5, 2006 10:29 pm

Nothing he does surprises me…he has a big heart!

4. dwight
    December 6, 2006 7:17 am

Don’t fall for it, PG!

5. darryl d
    December 6, 2006 8:05 am

Wonderful thing for these guys to do … I’m not criticizing, believe me, but where were Cowher, any Rooney and some of the other Steelers players?

Actually, Ben could probably purchase a whole litter of new K9s for the town!

6. Lino Gunn
    December 6, 2006 9:26 am

Now , if he would cut off that pubic looking chin whisker thing he would look much more like the hot guy that he is. Not that I’m into the man love thing you understand, I’m just sayin’.

7. Diane K
    December 7, 2006 1:15 pm

I thought it was wonderful. This is the reason a Steelers fan stays a fan for life. This is the way (the majority of) our players live.

Not like Sincinatti, where 9 players have been arrested this year.

I heart the Steelers, more than ever!

8. Pingback: ipoh2u341