“A proclamation?!? Wow! You are so cool!”

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mayor Lukey presented proclamations to Sarah Jessica Parker and Dennis Quaid (swoon) who are in town filming a movie.

First. I had no idea. Why wasn’t I informed of this?

While I’m about 5,200% sure that these proclamations will end up in Sarah and Dennis’ trash within days, it’s nice to hear them talk good about the city:

This is Sarah:

“I think it’s a lovely city. I haven’t had a lot of time to see all the cultural institutions this city has to offer, but the people have been great.”

This would be Sienna:

“#(*$ off”

This is Dennis:

Quaid says that in addition to playing some rounds of golf at an Oakmont course, he’s also had time to attend a Steelers game. “They are absolutely the best football fans I’ve encountered,” Quaid says.

This would be Sienna:

“#($* off, I said.”

This is Sarah and Dennis:

“Thanks for the proclamations.”

This would be Sienna:

“Can I wipe my ass with this?”

Now let’s just hope in two months, Dennis isn’t quoted in Rolling Stone telling a reporter about how embarassed he was to have to film a movie in that God-awful city of Shitsburgh.

This is Luke:

“God, I love my job. Proclamations are so cool. I am so cool.”

This is me:

Heh.

1. Kat
    December 6, 2006 10:07 am

I work at CMU, so we’ve been having celeb sitings all over the place. I’ve seen Dennis all over the place, but no SJP. Which is probably for the best, since she’d just make me feel fat.

2. Martha
    December 6, 2006 11:16 am

Love both SJP and Dennis. I think I would just die if I saw either of them. I’m not crazy about the beard on Dennis, but my co-worker said it did not look bad on tv. I finally saw “In Good Company” this summer. Great movie!

3. theatregirl
    December 6, 2006 12:22 pm

I heard about this- my uncle was cast as an extra. As long it doesn’t wind up on the cutting room floor, you’ll see a tall white-bearded man walking past Dennis carrying a box during the Goodwill scene. (He played a employee at the store). He said that Dennis was very nice, signed autographs and didn’t have any attitude. SJP was not there, so he didn’t have any info on her.

4. Awesome Comet
    December 6, 2006 1:53 pm

I’m just curious. A proclamation signfies that something has bee proclaimed, right? What did the mayor proclaim?

“Thank you for filming here even though…”

“Primanti Brothers has these great, big greasy sandwiches with fries right in the middle. And there’s one in the stirp right near your hotel. I’m just sayin.”

“Do you remember when you and the girls were having drinks, and you didn’t think Mr. Big would show up, but then he did show up? And they were all impressed and stuff? Do you remember that? That was awesome.”

5. theburgher
    December 6, 2006 1:55 pm

WOW! CHUCK NORRIS WAS THERE TOO!

6. dukey11
    December 6, 2006 2:34 pm

How did you not know this movie was going on??? It’s called Smart People. My boyfriend goes to CMU and he was about a foot away from Dennis Quaid and his friend decided to say (mind you, while walking right next to Dennis) “I love Randy Quaid!!” Oh CMU people are so funny.

7. dukey11
    December 6, 2006 2:35 pm

oh, and also to add… my boyfriend’s room from last year, was the room to be replicated in the movie, so A29 was his room last year, and it is also the room in the movie! Pretty cool.

8. Matt H
    December 6, 2006 2:57 pm

I’m surprised there wasn’t any mention of the filming in the papers.

9. RIchmond K. Turner
    December 6, 2006 4:11 pm

How has SJP not had time to see the sights? What about when she was here last time, filming that fantastic Burgh-location-fest, Striking Distance with Bruce Willis? Starring in two separate movies here in Pittsburgh more or less makes her an honorary yinzer! Let’s take ‘er aht to the Symphony n’at!

10. dee
    December 6, 2006 6:43 pm

Totally agree with theburgher. I saw that picture and thought- Wow, they’re filming a movie with Sarah Jessica Parker AND an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger!?!? Do we really need to worry about Mellon Bank leaving if Walker, Texas Ranger is going to be filmed here? Think of all of the tourism dollars that will bring us. And that’s not even counting the potential casino windfall.

11. Lino Gunn
    December 6, 2006 7:06 pm

She’s a beauty and I’m envious of Matthew Broderick.

12. sallypierre