It’s cold out there.

Yay! First real snowfall, first real ridiculous local news report:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! We’re all going to die.

And if you’re going to the game tonight, God be with you. And here are some tips from KDKA:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think I speak for all of Steeler Nation when I say:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1. BetterSafe
    December 7, 2006 3:07 pm

When you see a flake, hoard.

2. Matt H
    December 7, 2006 4:42 pm

Don’t drink alcohol….riiiiight.

3. Joey Porter's Pit Bulls
    December 7, 2006 5:24 pm

Steelers fans don’t drink alcohol. They mainline it.

4. JP
    December 7, 2006 6:31 pm

but thats a bullet point under how to dress! dont drink alcohol when youre dressing for the game. phew. loophole. thanks kdka.

5. pittgirl
    December 7, 2006 7:15 pm

JP, way to catch that. Even awesomer!

6. gjhead
    December 7, 2006 10:32 pm

Ummm.. ok. I just moved here about 6 months ago from Buffalo, and I’m just amazed that this entire city was at a standstill because of barely an inch of snow. It took me over an hour to get from Oakland to Squirrel Hill on the bus today!

Salt trucks people! They work wonders!

(oh, i’m originally from johnstown, so don’t call me a buffalonian. that place blew. even worse than johnstown.)

7. Pickle Sniffer
    December 7, 2006 11:24 pm

Buffalonian? Isn’t that a car that Lincoln used to make? Or was that Chrysler? :)

8. Kat
    December 8, 2006 10:23 am

It wasn’t so much the snow as it was the black ice and the football traffic that was the problem.

9. Mia
    December 8, 2006 10:52 am

Not to mention that it was the first snow/ice/frozen parciptiation of some sort on the roads for the season…and for some reason burgers seem to forget that they know how to drive in this crap, that they’ve been doing it for years…every year it’s the same thing. That first time for the season everyone panics, then most of them are fine, and the rest should really just stay home!

10. Julie_Gong
    December 8, 2006 11:11 am

Um speaking of not drinking alcohol did you see the lady fall while David Highfield was doing a pregame report? It looked painful but I still laughed.

11. pittgirl
    December 8, 2006 11:42 am

Damn! I’ve got to start watching the pregame report.

12. Sofa King
    December 8, 2006 12:03 pm

Sheeettt…you think Pittsburghers have a hard time driving in the elements, try coming down to D.C. sometime and watching these jackrags try to navigate in the rain or snow. Un-f*cking-real…

13. Lino Gunn
    December 8, 2006 3:45 pm

Sofa King: JACKRAGS, superb my man, haven’t heard that term since Custer was wearing short pants. Good one Dude.

14. kT
    December 12, 2006 10:07 am

My favorite part is that Pittsburghers need to be told that, in order to stay warm outdoors in the winter, they should put on socks, turtlenecks, caps, scarves, hoods and mittens.
    OH! Outdoor winter apparel. Gotcha.