What should PittGirl do?!

This almost seems too easy.

My new bestest friend Lino Gunn emailed me to let me know about this:

A mural by Pittsburgh artist Robert Qualters that used to hang on Chiodos Tavern in Homestead is going to be remounted on the front of Steel Valley High School, Munhall, at 4 p.m. next Friday. The mural depicts the history of Homestead steel.

Funding for the project comes from actor David Conrad, a native of the Swissvale/Edgewood area, who stars on the CBS TV show “Ghost Whisperer.” Qualters and Conrad will attend the dedication ceremony, which is open to the public.

First of all, how awesome is David Conrad?

Second of all: Questions!

1. Do I go?

2. If I go, do I attempt to meet David Conrad or do I just take pictures?

3. If I go and I attempt to meet David Conrad, how can I be sure I won’t freak out?

4. If I go and I attempt to meet David Conrad and I don’t freak out, what if he’s a jackass to me?

5. If I go and I attempt to meet David Conrad and I don’t freak out and he’s not a jackass to me, what if we don’t become best friends?

6. If I go and I attempt to meet David Conrad and I don’t freak out and he’s not a jackass to me and we become best friends … well maybe I should go.

Must ponder.

1. JP
    December 8, 2006 3:48 pm

Go, mos def go. And please be nice to Sara R if you see her there with David. She’s cool (and maybe she’s pittgirl, hmmm.)

2. Stacey
    December 8, 2006 3:50 pm

GO! At the very least, it will make for a great post the next day!

3. Denise
    December 8, 2006 3:51 pm

Pittgirl, you have no choice –
    You gotta go!! I will be rooting for #6.
    Please take pictures and let us know the real
    David….

4. Martha
    December 8, 2006 3:54 pm

Z and Martha say “YOU MUST GO” and we pray that #6 will come true. I must tell you PittGirl, I met Jack Wagner, my David Conrad, a number of years ago. Jack was Peter Burns on Melrose Place, which you may be too young to remember. Anyhow, I met Jack at Mario’s Golf Tournament at Nevillewood. When I first saw him, he literally took my breath away and it was an awesome feeling!

5. Matt H
    December 8, 2006 4:18 pm

Ummm you owe it to yourself and all your loyal readers to go!

Get a picture with him!

6. Incognito
    December 9, 2006 12:44 am

What’s there to ponder? Just do it.

7. Lino Gunn
    December 9, 2006 8:05 am

Decisions, decisions…. damn, don’t you just hate it when that happens.

8. Awsome Comet
    December 9, 2006 1:40 pm

“Hi David, oh my god its such an honor to meet you, I’m such a huge fan, we’ve never met but you might know me as … uh … uh … uh … nothing! Nobody! Don’t look at my face! This never happened! I love youuuuuuuuuu!”

9. pittgirl
    December 9, 2006 5:05 pm

Exactly! Awesome Comet. My point exactly.

10. Ruby Vroom
    December 9, 2006 5:32 pm

Go! He’s really hot and if you get too nervous just think of him on that terrible show with J. Love Hewitt. You can’t be too nervous around someone who’s on that show every week. It’s the David Conrad equivalent of making yourself less nervous by picturing people in their underwear. (When speaking to him, don’t, I repeat DON’T picture him in his underwear. That could be your downfall. Talk about taking your breath away!)

Also, Martha, PittGirl’s my age so I know she is totally in the right age bracket for some Melrose love! Dr. Peter Burns is the man!

A third note, Pittgirl, don’t try to take Benny away from me! Glad to see the love winning out over that hate but I, a girl who has always fallen for the artsy men, have had an unexplained love for #7 since his rookie year when he had that totally unfortunate buzzcut and this love even weathered last year’s bulky Grizzly Adams phase and the drunken pics on Deadspin. David is yours. Leave Benny to me. I feel I’ve earned him and now that he finally has the cute hair, the much yummier body, and is doing cute things for young kids and local police departments, I’m ready to stake my claim. ; )

11. Heather
    December 10, 2006 3:41 pm

GO! GO! GO! That’s what I would do if I were you! And, take lots of pics! Wish I could go with you! :-)

12. Julie_Gong
    December 11, 2006 10:14 am

This has nothing to do with this post but I was at Doc’s in Shady Side on Sat and Wendy Bell was there. I thought about screaming her name and taking a picture but I thought that might be weird. Instead I got something way better. I heard her tell someone she was going to kick their ass and then kick them in the balls. It is now my favorite moment ever.

13. Ruby Vroom
    December 11, 2006 10:37 am

Okay, Julie, you have to expand on this story. Who was Wendy threatening and why? I don’t really have a love or hate for Wendy but this could definitely kick me into the love column if I get to hear more of the story…

14. Laura B
    December 11, 2006 12:52 pm

GO GIRL GO!!!! And make sure you tell him what (or who) an Asshat is!!! LOL!