- January 2, 2007
- filed under Ben Roethlisberger, David Conrad, Famous Burghers, Hot Burghers, Matt Lamanna, Mayor O'Connor, Mayor Ravenstahl, Uncategorized
All right, I’ll admit it. This year’s Pittsburgh Magazine 25 Most Beautiful People contains a lot less abject fug than last year’s dismal, barf-inducing edition.
While I’m throughly annoyed that Wendy Bell, Matt Lamanna, David Conrad, Bruce Gradkowski, or Troy Polamalu were not selected, I’m not gagging at the faces I’m seeing. Way to finally get in touch with your superficial selves and actually put pretty decent people in the magazine.
1. You get extra kudos for showing me how smokin’ hot Verron Hayes is. And you get extra kisses for putting him shirtless on the cover. Hello!
2. If anyone had to take the obligatory newscaster slot from Wendy Bell, I’m cool with it being Darieth.
3. Susie? From Road Rules? Just no.
4. If anyone is going to use the words “spiritually beautiful person” in her profile and not sound like an oddball saying it, you know it is going to be the wife of Troysus Polamalu. Troy is a lucky boy and she is quite possibly the luckiest lady on the planet.
5. Anthony Henderson’s facial hair skeeves me out.
6. There isn’t a straight man in the Burgh that isn’t going to be completely in love and turned on by Lance Corporal Kristyn Stewart. Beautiful AND she can kick ass? All right, I’ll say it for them. Yum!
7. I’ve never heard of Patrick Jordan.
However, with the hot looks and the Burgh love, I gotta think he needs to be me and David Conrad’s friend too. We’d be like the hottest trio to ever hit Starbucks. Time would stop.
8. I’m not even going to mention Peggy Harris or her hat. Ay.
9. I’m on record that Corey O’Connor has the potential to be hot. Way to take that potential and squash it like a little bug. Fug picture and I can’t help but notice the blatant lack of hair product. Oy.
10. A big thank you for not including any of the following: Luke Ravenstahl, Ben Roethlisberger, Yarone Zober, Jeff Reed (gag), Evgeni Malkin, or Sally Wiggin (I wouldn’t put it past you).
Overall, well played, WQED.