Killing me softly with his words.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

“You can take the people out of Pittsburgh but you’ll never take the Pittsburgh out of people. I’m one of you. Y’inz know what I mean.”

Forget that I’ve never seen yinz spelled like that. The point is that I’m getting misty eyed from all of this Cowher coverage, particularly the retrospectives showing the Chin flipping out on the sidelines.

Bill Cowher is like our collective dog. Whether it was a good dog that brought you your slippers or a bad dog that would occasionally eat the stuffing out of the back of your couch (swear it happened), it was still the only dog you’ve known for 15 years and you’re sad when your dog dies.

Our dog is dead, Burghers.

That said, if our dead dog is resurrected in two years and starts coaching for the Cowboys, Browns, Bengals, Raiders or Ravens … I’ll hunt him down just so I can smack him with a rolled up newspaper … in the huevos.

1. Stacey
    January 6, 2007 10:47 am

Even though we all knew it was coming, hearing him actually resign was so sad. I can’t believe there will be no Cowher Power in Pittsburgh anymore. I agree, if he coaches Browns, Bengals, or Ravens, it will be terrible!

2. the_suburbanite
    January 6, 2007 11:00 am

Oh baby, I’d be right there with you. Can’t see it happening like that, but one never knows. My guess is he waits for the Carolina Panther job to open (and it’s close).

3. Ms. Caroline
    January 7, 2007 10:08 am

Am I the only one who noticed the hideous sweater he was wearing at Friday’s press conference? Did he raid Bill Cosby’s Dr. Huxtable closet? Very 80’s.

4. Erin
    January 8, 2007 8:50 am

Sigh. I wish Kaye would give him his balls back.

5. Z
    January 8, 2007 9:09 am

I am still a little bitter and I agree, he takes Cowher Power elsewhere after next year? I’m riding shotgun.

6. Rinsem
    January 8, 2007 11:26 am

I simply can not imagine that chin on another sideline. While I think that he was sincere in his wishes to spend time with his family, how long will it be until he realizes that he really liked time away from them?

7. SteelerLuv
    January 8, 2007 3:23 pm

I was off for 2 weeks at Christmas — that was enough time with my family! Of course, Bill has money to “play” and we don’t! But he’ll get bored too.

He’ll be back in a year. Just so it isn’t with Baltimore or Cleveland! Hopefully, it’s with an NFC team so we can whip his butt in the Super Bowl!

8. SteelerTribute
    January 8, 2007 3:26 pm

Well said PittGirl. Well said.

9. Pingback: GoodMennen210