Squeeeeee!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Remember this post?

Well, Burghers … SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

A little birdie told me the first location will be at the intersection of Route 48 and 30 where a closed down Wendy’s currently resides. My little birdie might be lying through its beak, but if my little birdie isn’t, then: Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Diet cherry limeaid, here PittGirl comes.

1. Bram
    January 10, 2007 3:24 pm

And among the pittsburgh ultimate players who hungrily pass that intersection all summer long, there was much rejoicing.

2. Joey
    January 10, 2007 3:44 pm

Sonic’s have been around a LONG time in the South…I’ve eaten many a meal in the car at Sonic. Let’s hope the Yankee version serves the fried dill pickle slices. Wonderful stuff.

3. Joey
    January 10, 2007 3:52 pm

Oh…and your birdie is probably correct, since the King family is the one bringing the franchise into the area, and the Kings at Rt. 30 and 48 was his first location.

4. The New Guy
    January 10, 2007 3:55 pm

It’s about time! I watch those commercials on TV, wishing we had one around here. . . just hope it doesn’t taste like Kings!

5. PittGirl fan
    January 10, 2007 4:03 pm

How about some Jack-in-the-Box (Ciabatta Burgers!), or even better, Popeye’s?

6. Nancy
    January 10, 2007 4:38 pm

There is a Popeye’s on Penn Ave. in Wilkensburg.

7. Jim
    January 10, 2007 4:58 pm

My mom works across from that site in North Versailles, and she and her coworkers have been devastated….just DEVASTATED….since Wendy’s shut down. Pittgirl, you’ve brought a ray of sunshine to hundreds of menopausal women in North Versailles.

8. coolmommy123
    January 10, 2007 10:12 pm

There’s also a Popeye’s in the Waterfront, unless it closed?

9. Pittsburgh Jack
    January 10, 2007 11:24 pm

I heard the first of about ten sonics that King and partners are opening in our region most likely is going to be in Washington County, but we’ll see.

Yeah, the Popeye’s at the Waterfront is still open.

10. Slytheringrrl
    January 11, 2007 8:13 am

Hoody Hoo!!!!!!! Now when I make my yearly trip to Kennywood and the Pittsburgh Zoo, I can also have Sonic! I hates me some TLC/Discovery Channel for running Sonic commercials when there is no Sonic within about 4 hundred frickin’ miles of my house. After finally locating one near the KY/IN border last summer, I am havin’ me a serious cherry limeade jones.

Any news on when exactly it’s supposed to open?

11. mimi
    January 11, 2007 10:22 am

Sonics, WOW!!!! They are all around NC and so wonderful. The food is excellent! Yes, let’s all hope that because the Kings are running it that the food and service are better than what you get at Kings. Went to the Kings in Crafton area off Steubenville Pike a few months ago and it was the most horrible service and food my family ever had at such an establishment. Hopefully, they will bring some of the southern people up here to run these.

12. Funky Dung
    January 11, 2007 11:43 am

My wife and I always wondered where the nearest Sonic was, since we frequently saw commercials for it but never saw a Pittsburgh location.

My only experience of Popeye’s was at the Waterfront location. If that one is representative of Popeye’s flavor and quality, I am amazed they’re still in business. Yuck.

I’ve never been to a Jack-in-the-Box and would be interested in trying their offerings.

13. Tep
    January 11, 2007 11:51 am

I’ve never seen so many people so excited about more greasy fast food.

How about the Pita Pit on Carson, that’s something to get excited about.

14. Zsa
    January 11, 2007 12:31 pm

The Popeye’s in Wilkinsburg and (I believe) the Waterfront were closed for a while, and then reopened, I presume under new management. The Wilk one always screwed up my order (usually in my favor) & they definitely needed some improvement. The last time I went there, it seemed to have happened.

When are we getting In & Out Burger so we can all eat the same fast food as celebutante Paris Hilton?

15. Jen
    January 11, 2007 12:55 pm

Right on PittGirl.

Please enjoy a BLT, Large Cheese Tots and Cherry Limeade. Good stuff!

16. DoubtingThomas
    January 11, 2007 1:21 pm

This reminds me of the Krispy Kreme hullaballoo of a few years back. They tasted just like doughnuts – good, but nothing to get excited about. I’m not getting my hopes up over fast-food of any sort.

17. CapitolMAN
    January 11, 2007 1:29 pm

While we’re on the topic of limeade, I’m partial to Reymer’s lemon blennd (the second ‘n’distinguishes their sugar syrup from beverages not made from kitchen grease).

To the East Enders: the new Border’s in East Liberty is offering free Seattle’s Best coffee. I posted the link at my blog, http://www.darnnews.com

18. Z
    January 11, 2007 3:20 pm

You know, things happening down at that end of Rt. 30 are really drawing me more and more away from Greensburg…I cannot wait!

19. dukey11
    January 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Yes!! I’m excited! I don’t care if it’s greasy food, I already work at Wendy’s.

Going to my grandma’s will be 7 times better!!

20. coolmommy123
    January 12, 2007 5:50 pm

You know, I’m still partial to Burger King. I’m in Squirrel Hill and all the BK’s around here have long closed (maybe there’s one in Oakland, but Baum Blvd, Monroeville, and the one on the way to the Waterfront are gone…downtown’s gone, too, I think). They need one of THOSE in the Waterfront!

January 12, 2007 11:09 pm

Geez, people. Eat local, drink local. Who needs your money more? Sorry, pet peeve. Love your site, PittGirl.