Kenny in ’07

Seriously, guys. Can I get one of these buttons?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What the hell are we waiting for, Rooneys?

Is there anyone out there actually pulling for Grimm over Whisenhunt?  We fans all said Whisenhunt at the first sniff of The Chin possibly quitting.  We’ve been saying Whisenhunt all year and we’re STILL saying Whisenhunt.

Damn.  Why isn’t choosing a Steelers coach a democratic process? If any city should get a say in who coaches their football team, my God, it should be the Burgh.

1. Tep
    January 11, 2007 3:22 pm

He looks like a cross between Cowher and Woody Harrelson.

2. pittgirl
    January 11, 2007 3:22 pm

Damn. That was insightful.

3. Intellectual Property Police
    January 11, 2007 4:06 pm

Looks like “Tep” reads the carbolic smokeball blog. Did I mention that I invented the term “Pittgirl”

4. Judge Rufus Peckham
    January 11, 2007 4:13 pm

Now, now, Intellectual Property Police. Once the Smoke Ball puts an idea out there, it becomes the property of the whole world. That’s our ministry. Our scoop — http://carbolicsmokeblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/whisenhunt-turns-down-steelers-job.html — was one of several mentioned in the PG online http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/blogngold/

5. JP
    January 11, 2007 6:09 pm

i’m rooting for grimm. there, i said it.

disappointed in his o-line this year, but no matter. it wasnt the only steeler disappointment.

6. Woy
    January 11, 2007 6:28 pm

I’m a Grimm fan PG. Whisenhunt is not a bad choice, but it’d be nice to have someone from the same DitkaHolmgrenReid family.

Seriously… I once heard someone say that Andy Reid is what you get when Mike Ditka and Mike Holmgren have a baby.

7. Kordell
    January 11, 2007 10:11 pm

Russ Grimm is a native yinzer *AND* he has a mustache. He will obviously be the Steelers’ next head coach.

8. Rollbar
    January 12, 2007 12:48 am

Grimm. Easy choice. Much better coach. Much stronger experience. Grimm would also be happier in the Burgh. Kenny wants to go home.

9. Pinto Alegre
    January 12, 2007 12:49 am

It won’t be Grimm or Whisenhunt. It will be Mike Tomlin. Here’s why:

1. He’s 34 years old — same age as Cowher when he started (remember folks — longevity here — 2 coaches in 40 years!)

2. Dan Rooney pushed for the “Rooney Rule” — which requires NFL teams to interview at least on minority candidate for a head coaching job. The Steelers have interviewed two.

3. The Steelers were the trailblazers years go when they hired Bill Nunn who was one of the first minority employees in the entire league.

I like Whiz. I like Grimm. But my money is on Tomlin.

10. Stasia
    January 12, 2007 12:56 pm

Whisenhunt has a second interview with the Cardinals … it looks like Grimm is the favorite internal candidate for the position.