Six hours?!?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Holy hell. Russ Grimm had his second interview with the Steelers and it lasted for six hours.

Six. Hours.

Six.

The longest interview PittGirl ever had lasted for three hours and by the time I met with the fourth interviewer, I’d pretty much had it. Of course I wasn’t interviewing to be the coach of the bestest football team in the history of football.

But still. Six hours.

What do you talk about for six hours? I sure hope some of the questions asked of Grimm included:

1. What can we do about the Asshat, or as we call him here at the Steelers organization, Butterfingers?

2. Do you read The Burgh Blog and if not, what the hell is wrong with you?

3. How can we get Ben’s wild partying under control?

4. Do you worship at the Church of Troysus and if not, what the hell is wrong with you?

5. If you are hired as coach of the Steelers, do you promise to grow a personality of some sort?

6. Hines Ward regularly shits sunshine. Are you prepared to be blinded by the light?

7. Do you promise not to participate in the Luke Ravenstahl Moving Forward Drinking Game so as to assure us that you do not become a raging drunk?

8. How do you feel about trash on your front lawn?

1. Stacey
    January 18, 2007 12:17 pm

Is that a recent photo of Ben cause I thought his hair looked a lot shorter than that on ESPN Sunday morning. Seems to me it’s an older photo? Funny pic though!

2. dressagelady
    January 18, 2007 12:33 pm

A six hour interview is insane!! I hate interviews period, I can’t imagine six hours worth of one.

3. Bram
    January 18, 2007 1:39 pm

Seems especially strange for someone’s who’s already been an employee for SIX YEARS.

“So, it says here you won a Superbowl with us in 2005 as offensive line coach. What was that like for you?”

4. Mr. Nice
    January 18, 2007 1:48 pm

Why are you still being so mean to Santonio? What does he have to do to get into your good graces? He’s a fellow human being – a brother, yours and mine. We must rejoice in his NFL improvement and return to playing like in the glory days at OSU where he kicked ass and was not unfairly and maliciously picked on by unfeeling, uncaring “fans”.

5. BH
    January 18, 2007 2:07 pm

I once interviewed at a newspaper, and the “interview” was basically a two-day visit to the office, complete with being bounced from editor to editor and interrogated each time, having to file a story and then, at the end of the whole ordeal, talking to the managing editor. Oh, I also had to go to a clinic and take a haircut drug test, where they snipped away at my hair so they could test it for traces of drugs. They wanted to take me to a baseball game that night, and I was soooo relieved when monsoon rains hit the town and it was called off; I couldn’t handle being in “interview mode” anymore.

Turns out they never even called, wrote a letter or sent a smoke signal to tell me they weren’t going to fill the position due to budget cutbacks. The friend who recommended me for the job told me. Jerks.

6. blee
    January 18, 2007 3:58 pm

CMU’s interview process is 9 hours and no breaks. Even during lunch they interview you. You also have to do a 45 minute presentation on a topic of your choice (relevant to the job).

My current job was 8 hours one day and 4 hours another.

6 hours isn’t that bad.

7. Chase
    January 18, 2007 6:15 pm

Please don’t hire Russ Grimm.

8. PittCheMBA
    January 18, 2007 6:32 pm

I do not think it is really Big Ben in the pic. I have never seen him wear his hair like that. Sure, Ben is like a real life Mr. Potato Head (he changes the hair on his head and on his face countless times), but that dude is not him. I am being kind about the Mr. Potato Head reference. I did not mention anything about facial reconstructive surgery.

9. BigGfromBigD
    January 19, 2007 6:37 pm

Six hours but no commitment as yet. Tt has been said that The Stillers are still interested in Bears Ron Rivera. If the Bears win Sunday this will be convienient for the Rooneys. They can’t talk to Rivera till after the The ‘Bowl. A rumor circulating here suggests that by that time the BIG TUNA will also then be available. Could this be why the Rooneys made no solid offer to Wiz and why they are dragging their feet now? Hmmmmm.

10. BigGfromBigD
    January 20, 2007 6:36 pm

So it is Tomlin? So much for 6 hours. I predict that this will lead to total disaster. Good thing we got our superbowl last year. Looks like it will be 25 years before we get another one. First you run Bill out of town then replace him with this clown. Good thing we all have our terrible towels to cry in. Nice going Art II !! What a schmo! Art Sr is turnning over in his grave.

11. Stacey
    January 21, 2007 10:20 am

Tribune Review is saying Grimm is new head coach. I wouldn’t take the Tomlin story as true yet nor would I believe the Grimm story. The Steelers webpage is saying no coach has been offered the job and no announcements are coming today.